Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
With it being a slow Friday afternoon at work and the end of the icefishing season approaching next weekend, I thought that I'd throw some pics of a northern pike I caught on a tip-up back in the beginning of January. The pike got itself snagged behind the head, causing it's long face to extend past the edge of the hole. This meant that no matter how hard I tried, I could not for the life of me get his nose pointed up the hole to land him. At that time of the year the ice was only 2 feet thick, so I was just able to reach down and get his nose pointed in the right direction. If that would have happened now, 2 months later, I would never have been able to reach him as the ice is nearly 4 feet thick. The water was a wee bit chilly!!! @KMG Hunting Safaris you like my hat?
009.PNG

010.PNG

011.PNG

012.PNG

013.PNG

014.PNG

006.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE!

With it being a slow Friday afternoon at work and the end of the icefishing season approaching next weekend, I thought that I'd throw some pics of a northern pike I caught on a tip-up back in the beginning of January. The pike got itself snagged behind the head, causing it's long face to extend past the edge of the hole. This meant that no matter how hard I tried, I could not for the life of me get his nose pointed up the hole to land him. At that time of the year the ice was only 2 feet thick, so I was just able to reach down and get his nose pointed in the right direction. If that would have happened now, 2 months later, I would never have been able to reach him as the ice is nearly 4 feet thick. The water was a wee bit chilly!!! @KMG Hunting Safaris you like my hat?
View attachment 274821

View attachment 274822

View attachment 274823

View attachment 274824

View attachment 274825

View attachment 274826

View attachment 274827
Nice fish! There's some good eatin there...

A few more from this winter.

IMG_2387.JPG
IMG_2763.JPG
IMG_2778.JPG
IMG_2779.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 274821

View attachment 274822

View attachment 274823

View attachment 274824

View attachment 274825

View attachment 274826

View attachment 274820

Told you my caps bring good luck!(y)

Ragman, ice fishing is winter family fun for us "northerners." Have you ever tried spearing pike through the ice?

Ragman, ice fishing is winter family fun for us "northerners." Have you ever tried spearing pike through the ice?

Ok, now you have my attention....

Great for families for sure! I have seen winter spear fishing programs on Michigan outdoor shows before, but up here I think it would be too much work to cut those big holes when the ice is nearly four feet thick...maybe early in the season. However I don't think it's legal here in Saskatchewan. But I have spear fished for pike in the summer using a snorkel/mask and spear gun. More like hunting than fishing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross