Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.zanabotessafari.com
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
NAPHA, SCI, DSC
As a professional hunter waiting at the airport for clients one has learned to use the same patience as in hunting. But when clients walk out before anybody else one easily accepts that there will be another trip made to the airport. After speaking to various clients it has seemed that July has been the month for lost luggage. But in good spirits we did not let that dampen our safari mood.

The first day started a bit slow. As the long travel jitters had to get out of the system. As usual it was rifle sighting and just a drive through the hunting area. We have already discussed out main targets for the hunt. Kudu, Eland, Black Wildebeest, Hartmann Zebra and Waterbuck was the list. On our way back to camp at last light. I suddenly hit the breaks as a duiker came walking out. With a quick look through my binoculars I knew this was one we can't let slip by. I quickly jumped out of the vehicle told the clients to come. We moved into position where we could better the duiker in the fading light. On the sticks and there the shot goes. We connected with a beautiful Duiker on day one.
tempImageMaK3J3.png

Day 2 we set of looking for Black Wildebeest. We moved through an area I could the unique sound of territorial bull. We started moving slowly in that direction. We spotted the bull in an open plain with Red Hartebeest. We slowly started making our approach. Knowing not one of these have any issues with running of at the first sight of danger. We get into a position where we take shot. The shot went with only dust kicking up and all the animals fleeing. My trackers and I where sure it was a clean mis. But we went on the tracks to be 100% sure. A clean mis is was and we were happy. As we continued through the area. We found another herd of Black Wildebeest but we could never get a shot.
307990EC-C1E8-42FF-901A-0BE0D2A2C3E0_1_201_a.jpeg

Day 3 we decided to see if we can find that Black Wildebeest bull again. We searched that same area and we were able to get a glimpse of him in that same open plains. We slowly moved into position again. Taking our time edging closer. We got to a position we where happy with and the shot went. Our efforts produced a beautiful Black Wildebeest bull. Our luck had not run out as we received a call from the airport that the luggage has arrived. We raced to the airport to found all the missing luggage safe and sound.
A034E937-E36A-46AE-A65E-A5302820351C_1_201_a.jpeg

Day 4 Started with a tremendous cold front that has moved in. Frost was seen all over the road. We set out looking for Hartmann Zebra. Not even a few minutes into the hunt we spotted a group calmly grazing. We moved closer in the blistering cold. We stood in the shade of bush shiver watching as the Zebra grazed a about 80 yards from us. Sticks open and hunter ready we waited. The Stallion turned broadside and showed the chevron on his shoulder. I showed the hunter and he took the shot. With all the shiver the shot hit a bit far back but still hit the lungs. After some tracking found the Zebra about 800 yards away. No second shot was required.
We moved straight on the searching for Eland. But the day would not deliver an Eland.
tempImageRz7Z6Z.png
tempImageESfgXW.png

03C607E6-CF19-4046-8514-7322C1CF3580_1_201_a.jpeg

Day 5 we continued on our quest for Eland and Kudu. We bumped a few Eland bulls during the day but could never connect with the right bull. Across one of the lakes I could spot a Waterbuck bull grazing. As light was fading we made a quick approach. The bull snuck past us onto a thicket only to appear on the other side in a open plain. A quick shot was made. A we were able to harvest a beautiful Waterbuck at last light.
tempImagew6xuar.png

3FC37B0B-DFCE-4598-BBAE-D7E930A53F1C.jpeg

Day 6 started with Kudu bulls popping out everywhere. On for the clients to hear me say constantly. Nope it not the right one. Suddenly I spotted a bull we want. As kudu do he magically disagreed. We began our search for him. Suddenly my tracker stopped just pointing at the bush. There he was. feeding on pods. 70 yards from us. We got into position and waited. Having been able to watch this bull grazing for a few minutes made it even more special. He stepped out looking straight at us. I instructed the hunter to put it straight in his chest. The shot went and the magical bull collapsed right there.
tempImagePwq8H2.png

Day 7 & 8
The main focus was Eland. Tracking and some more tracking and some more tracking and bumping Eland in the thickets.
tempImageE6OIsL.png

Day 9 we climbed one of the hills and could see an Eland bull in distance. We were determined to get this bull. We started our approach. With a swirling wind we had to be very careful. We snuck onto a hill about 100 yards from where we last spotted the Eland And with our luck our bull was still there. On the sticks were were able to get a good shot at the Eland. The bull took of running into the hills. Fortunately we were able to get a anchor shot at him.
tempImageRtS2A3.png

As we promised to show the hunters wife elephants we used the next few days to do a photo safari showing the hunter and his wife a bit more of Namibia and the big 5. Having Elephant, Lions and Cheetahs not more than 30 yards from us just made for the perfect ending. A very successful trip and another great Namibian adventure

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to all, thanks for posting.

Did their luggage ever make it?

Luggage was safe and sound. Just in time for the cold spell that hit is.
nothing missing or gone from the luggage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you