From New Zealand

Tahr

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a keen hunter in New Zealand. Have hunted here and in New Caledonia. Have hunted for over 50 years commercially and privately. 2017 harvested 16 deer and 1 pig. Also hunt Tahr and Chamois. Hunt with a variety of rifles but mainly a Sako A7 in 300saum with a 20" barrel and a 4" forward suppressor.
Thanks
Tahr

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH sir

Welcome Tahr! I spent a 10 days bicycling around your South Island in 2000. Beautiful country and very nice people! I’d enjoy returning to hunt and fish some day.

Hello,
I'm a keen hunter in New Zealand. Have hunted here and in New Caledonia. Have hunted for over 50 years commercially and privately. 2017 harvested 16 deer and 1 pig. Also hunt Tahr and Chamois. Hunt with a variety of rifles but mainly a Sako A7 in 300saum with a 20" barrel and a 4" forward suppressor.
Thanks
Tahr

Welcome to this great forum.

Welcome! With your 50+ years of hunting experience, I'm going to make a wild guess and say you might have an interesting story or two to share with us. New Zealand is on my bucket list!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH Tahr!

Welcome aboard Thar. Lots of Kiwi(s) on AH. Dittos on the lots of stories and photos accumulated over 50 years. New Zealand offers some awesome hunting in its' own right. What other rifles do you own and or use? I've read about the need for some long distance shots i.e. 600 yds./meters and greater.

Welcome!

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH Tahr!
Glad you joined in.

Thanks for the welcomes and its nice to see a couple of familiar names as well.
In regards to long shots in NZ, yes some people do shoot at long range here but its mostly because they want to, not because they need to.

I am a big fan of a Kiwi named Nathan Foster. I almost take whatever he says to be "gospel." Have you read any of his books or looked up a caliber in his "Knowledge Base?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois