Friendly Forward: Browning Abolt 375HH With Leupold At Cabelas Used Guns $650

curtism1234

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
I'm posting the link b/c this is a great deal and I'm trying desperately not to buy it myself :A Banana Sad: This would be a great entry level rifle for someone who just wanted one. Looks to be in pretty good shape (maybe a scratch on the barrel)

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 4.20.57 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 4.20.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 4.20.59 PM.png
    849.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 4.21.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 4.21.01 PM.png
    448.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about this one, but with cabelas you need to see them as soon as they post them or they're gone and not removed.
I missed a ruger #1 3 weeks ago in 7x57 listed at $649 .
They said I was the 3rd call in 30 minutes. Lol

I’ll take it!

For what its worth, guys, I've had the unenviable opportunity to work on these Browning A-Bolts made from around 1990s to present.

Internally, they are really, really bad. Surely no one will know better for a North American game caliber, but for an African rifle I cannot recommend them whatsoever.

Internally, the fire control group is predominantly plastic. The triggers are well, awful. There is no easy way to modify or improve the trigger on them, either. (heavily lawyered) There is a spring conversion kit for them that improves the trigger slightly, but you're playing with nylon and plastic parts shoving in a new spring. For its pricepoint, the fire control group is one of the lowest quality I've ever experienced. The amount of F-bombs that occurred while we dismantled such a gun to improve the trigger was astounding. Everyone in the room including the owner was fuming mad at the terrible quality.

Buy a Belgian Browning (Hi-Power safari grade), or an Ernest Dumoulin, or an FN, if you want a low cost 375HH that has the durability and serviceability you're looking for in such a gun with that "Browning" history.

I see that Cabelas has apparently changed their used firearm policies and procedures. One use to be able to find a used gun at any Cabelas and have it shipped to the closest store for inspection and purchase. I have done this several times over the last few years, but not lately, and particularly since Bass Pro Shops took over Cabelas - probably not a good thing. I live near the Lacey, Washington Cabelas. The Gun Library there used to carry some very nice high end guns - not so much anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtLuse26

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you