Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
I dare anyone who has been to Africa not to be transported back.

Just close your eyes and listen....

http://yourlisten.com/ndumogr/kzn-wilderness-sounds#

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I will take that dare!!!!

I lost.....

Enjoying the music as I type this. Thanks for sharing!

It was an awesome find.

Wow ... sounds just like sunrise July 5, 2013 my first morning in Africa with Blaauwkrantz Safaris just North of Port Elizabeth. It took some work to get me up after the 48+ hours of travel the day before ... but once I was up I was ready to go. They have a peculiar habit of waiting until AFTER first light to start hunting, so I spend a few minutes of first morning on the front porch facing the sunrise and listened to the bush come alive!

Ok I'm back on the Elands river! I like it!

MKuzi river....

Awe! You beat me to it. I was going to make a point of taping the sounds of my first morning back to SA. Definitely far different than the sounds of my Bluebirds and Chickadees on a Virginia morning. Thanks for sharing. :)

Sounds along the Mkuze, one of my most vivid memories...

Awe! You beat me to it. I was going to make a point of taping the sounds of my first morning back to SA. Definitely far different than the sounds of my Bluebirds and Chickadees on a Virginia morning. Thanks for sharing. :)

Not quite a Chicakdee.

I recorded the sounds at a waterhole on my first trip to Namibia. Sitting in a blind as the sun had went down and the wind had died off and when the Jackal came in and drank and then the flights of Ring Necked Doves, all cooing and flapping. Francolins scratching in the dirt beside the tank while the water dripping into the holding tank with a slow resonant dripping played as a back drop.

Go Away birds losing it over a young Owl that had just fledged was another series of sounds you don't forget soon either.

If any of you get a chance, just sit and listen and record some of the animals sounds. It is amazing how quickly it will take you right back to the exact spot where it was recorded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you