Free range or not?

Yes perhaps so BUT you at least know 100% that he is actually in there behind the wire so you are hunting for a known animal whereas it is a different scenario without the fence.
This is the scenario I am personally least interested in pursuing. It is very easy to find outfitters with specific animals posted. Shop the catalogue, pay the price tag and shoot the animal. I am not even sure I understand how the “hunting” tale is told afterward. I hasten to add there are dozens of deer hunting operations in the States doing the same thing. I’m not much interested in those “adventures” either (particularly the 180+ class freak show bucks). Give me a PH or guide in good country (it can be behind a fence) working his butt off to find me best, oldest beast he can.

This is the scenario I am personally least interested in pursuing. It is very easy to find outfitters with specific animals posted. Shop the catalogue, pay the price tag and shoot the animal. I am not even sure I understand how the “hunting” tale is told afterward. I hasten to add there are dozens of deer hunting operations in the States doing the same thing. I’m not much interested in those “adventures” either (particularly the 180+ class freak show bucks). Give me a PH or guide in good country (it can be behind a fence) working his butt off to find me best, oldest beast he can.

I agree, and am not the least bit interested in "hunting" like that either, whether it be RSA, USA, New Zealand, or anywhere else.

My feelings are that the animals must be self sustaining. Area needs to be large enough, again in my mind 25,000 plus acres. Free range and Wild is the best of all. Hunting elk out West for 23 years some hunts are rewarded with game on the table others are not. In both cases they are incredible memories and wonderful times. I don’t need to see game every day nor even get a shot, it doesn’t matter because the experience is what I go for.

It’s animal density, not land size that determines sustainability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffreyOKe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg