FREE RANGE NYALA HUNTING

Back to the top...

I will have new pictures soon to post...for Lake Safaris - Trevor Lake

Lake Safari with Trevor Lake - Trophy Animals - 2012

Trevor shared these fine trophy pictures with me...just wanted to pass them along..

asset.php

:)
asset.php

asset.php

Last edited by a moderator:
James you are keeping my interest in this company, some really SUPER NYALA!

Free range Nyala Bull

IMG_2095.jpgIMG_2111.jpg

Very very nice! From what I'm seeing, this is not an exception to what you are consistently harvesting, Trevor.

Thanks for the compliment! Obviously I post the better Bulls that I get, like we all do :) But overall this is a great spot with the right habitat and time and luck permitting we do quite well. I always say to the guys that to get the bigger animals one must allocate enough time at the right time of year to be selective. And as always, there are no guarantees of a "big boy" as this is a free range area. Having that said we see 10 to 20 mature bulls a day at the right time of year, so no matter what you will have a great hunt! Thanks again for your compliments.

.......... Having that said we see 10 to 20 mature bulls a day at the right time of year, so no matter what you will have a great hunt! ....

This begs the question. What is the best time of year to see the big Nyala?

Hey Brickburn! Hope all is well. Best time is late July, August and early September. Bush has thinned off considerably to allow for better spotting and visibility, browse material (food) is less so the animals are moving more to find it. Same with water. Ideal conditions are crisp cold winters nights, dark moon and heavy dew. I find this gives the best movement during the day, especially in the morning as the sun warms up. The more the movement, the more Bulls we see the better the chances of selectivity. Later in the season when it is really dry and warming up we see less Bulls again as they tend to stick in the deep holes where the last remain browse material is. It also stays cooler down there which they seem to prefer. Hope this answers the question!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg