Free Range Lion hunt!

evan thompson

Reaction score
I have recently come back from another great Zim hunt and always itch to go back! there was talk about being able to hunt free range lion and import them back to the states is there any way to confirm this? my goal would be to hunt namibia or zim in 2020 with the ability to import the hide legally. Thanks

Hi Evan
Lions are importable into the USA if you follow a series of procedures, you also have to hunt on a concession that Complies. Make sure the area you choose has had successfully exported recently, that will be the safest.
If you change your mind and want to try Tanzania, please feel free to email me.
Cheers
Ernest

I have recently come back from another great Zim hunt and always itch to go back! there was talk about being able to hunt free range lion and import them back to the states is there any way to confirm this? my goal would be to hunt namibia or zim in 2020 with the ability to import the hide legally. Thanks

Would be a heck of a hunt sir!

Greetings Evan
Matetsi Safari Area is renowned for producing some of the best, sustainable free range Lion hunting in Africa. Of our two Lions on quota, one Lion hunted by an American client at the end of last year has been exported after our client's application to USFWS based on the Non-Detrimental-Finding produced by our Parks and Wildlife Authority was approved by USFWS. This is also true of Lions hunted in previous years. I can send you some US based references if you so wish?

In the meanwhile feel free to contact us if you would like some prices. The other information relating to Matetsi Unit One and our camp, etc is contained on our website www.mabalengwe.net

Best regards

Abe

Hello,

Not to hijack the thread but how are lions typically hunted? Spot and stalk, baited, etc?

Just curious as a free range lion is the pinnacle for me and one I pray to do someday in the not too distant future.

Depends on the country mostly. Baiting is common in most areas. Baiting was not legal in Botswana when I hunted there many years ago, but things change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhakhoa123

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,