Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
SCI , PHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe
IMG_9105.jpg

Who's looking for a free range Cape buffalo hunt in South Africa?
Leopard's Valley has once again just been awarded a tag for a free range Cape buffalo on a government reserve in the Eastern Cape.
No size limit and hundreds of Buff to choose from. Reserve is close to 70 square miles with hundreds of free ranging Cape Buffalo on. This is a challenging hunt.
Only 5 tags a year are issued
This is a malaria and bilharzia FREE area and no special shots are required.

The hunt is 7 hunting days in the reserve and we will add 3 more hunting days at Leopard's Valley Lodge. We will also add an arrival and departure day , all meals , daily laundry and transfers at no extra cost
If the buff is taken early we can also relocate back to Leopards Valley lodge. Over 30 hunt-able species are available after we have relocated.

NO EXTRA COSTS OR GOVERNMENT FEES

$ 11 950

Will refund $9000 if buff is not taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice deal!

Wow, someone needs to jump on that!

Do you have any pictures of the typical bulls? I can't swing the hunt, but a guy can dream can't he?

Sweet offer. Free range would have REALLY gotten my attention for that price. But alas I am already booked.

Great offer!

Very nice opportunity

I am assuming this hunt is for 2017 only? I am possibly looking for a buff hunt for 2018.

I am assuming this hunt is for 2017 only? I am possibly looking for a buff hunt for 2018.

Good day Sir
Yes these hunts are on tender per animal from the eastern cape department of environmental affairs. It is very well priced for a free range herd where you can harvest a 40" bull or better.
I do have other large areas with multiple fair chase buffalo on that we can hunt next year . There is also good genetics on these areas.

If you're interested please send me a PM and we can discuss it further
Warm regards
Dave

And odds of 43 or better?

Nothing is impossible!! There are a number of Bulls in the area and a 42" was taken last year.

This is definitely not a shoot and who knows what can happen if you spend time scratching around.

I do have some other large ranch areas where we can get bigger buff on average, in this area a 43-44" is more likely. These properties also have many buff to choose from in a totally fair chase scenario. To get that size will take some time scratching and looking through some Bulls. Very doable
Contact me if you need more info
Warm regards
Dave

Sorry chaps - this hunt is no longer available
We will try get more tags next year for those that are interested
Regards
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg