Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SA Hunters , Lowveld Hunters , BASA
Hunted
South Africa , Zimbabwe , Botswana , Mozambique , Tanzania , Scotland , France , Belgium , USA
Hi Everyone ,

I have only a few of these exciting hunts left for 2014.

Hunts are conducted inside one of the private game reserves that make up the APNR , adjacent to the Kruger Park. The reserve is fenced on one side only.

Rifle or black powder .

Included in this 7 day ( 8 night ) package :

Full day fees for one hunter and one observer
Accomodation , all meals and drinks
daily laundry service
services of skinners , tracker , vehicles and PH.
All hunting permits
Trophy fee for one Cape Buffalo
Field preparation of trophies.
Transport from and to Eastgate airport in Hoedspruit
Transport of Trophies after the hunt to life form taxidermy for export

Excluded in the package ;

All airfares
Dipping , preparation, packing and export of trophies
Tips and gratuities
Any other plainsgame hunted.

Buffalo older than 12 years are targeted for this safari. Typically hard bossed Bulls in the 38 inch range can be expected.

Hunting regards

Jan Dumon

Gentlemen , while booking two of these Buffalo hunts yesterday , mailing info back and forth , and answering numerous questions , I realised that I might have created the wrong impression of the hunting area when mentioning a fence. I also realised that there is confusion over the whole Greater Kruger hunting concept.

Allow me to clarify this.

Most hunting areas in South Africa are high fenced , even the ones in the greater Kruger general region. Essentially these are game ranches , large or small , bordering on or close to Greater Kruger.

However , the reserve that these Buffalo are hunted on is a true free range area inside Greater Kruger. The reserve is called the Balule game reserve and , together with Klaserie game reserve , Timbavati game reserve and Umbabat game reserve , they form the APNR ( Associated Private Game Reserves ). These reserves have no internal fences with each other and are also an open , unfenced system with Kruger Park on Kruger's Western boundary ,which is beneficial to all of them.

Kruger is open on its 100 mile North Eastern boundary with Mozambique creating a cross frontier park. This complete system is in excess of 6 000 000 acres in size.

The APNR does have a fence on its Western boundary which is also the western boundary of this complete reserve system.

There are mostly high fenced game ranches that border onto this western fence , hence calling themselves Greater Kruger region hunting areas ( although high fence enclosed and not inside Greater Kruger open reserve system )

I hope this clarifies things. Any more questions are welcome by e mail or on the forum.

I have only 2 of these free roam Buffalo hunts left .

Happy hunting

Jan Dumon

Attachments

• KrugerPrivateReserves_zpsc3c583ec.jpg
    KrugerPrivateReserves_zpsc3c583ec.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Thank you. This gives a good visual. I guess I should learn how to post pictures...

Please note the following: Balule is actually the reserve bordering on the north west of Ti (Timbavati and Klaserie reserves )
Thorny bush and Kapama are not part of this open system and are fenced off.
The 2 blocks on the north west are not included in the open system and fenced off.

Happy hunting

Jan Dumon

Thank you. This gives a good visual. I guess I should learn how to post pictures...

Please note the following: Balule is actually the reserve bordering on the north west of Ti (Timbavati and Klaserie reserves )
Thorny bush and Kapama are not part of this open system and are fenced off.
The 2 blocks on the north west are not included in the open system and fenced off.

Happy hunting

Jan Dumon

[URL=http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/BRICKBURN/media/KrugerPrivateReserves_zpsdd0e2242.jpg.html][/URL]

To correct the map (Shocking that a booking website would have the original map wrong)

So, Balule is now in a RED block.?

Attachments

• KrugerPrivateReservescorrection_zpsfe1f089f.jpg
    KrugerPrivateReservescorrection_zpsfe1f089f.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
That looks more like it , thanks. Much appreciated.

Happy Hunting

Jan Dumon

Jan,

Hope you are well, it was good to see you at the shows this year.

Jan is a stand up guy and a great outfitter, I would not hesitate to hunt with him.

Pic.

Attachments

• DSC00751.jpg
    DSC00751.jpg
    643.3 KB · Views: 144
Gorgeous old Bull. With a very happy hunter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,