www.baylysippelsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Good day AH community! We hope this offer finds you well with everyone looking forward to the season! We are very excited about the prospects of this hunt as this is totally unique experience. The area where the hunt will take place is near Canarvon in the Northern Cape. The hunting area is 100% free range and is owned by an old man. He considers the barbary a pest but does still realise they have a value so charges us a nominal fee.

This hunt is 100% camping. No toilets, a rough shower, no fridges. Everything must be taken in by us. Its a HARD hunt! But there are many Aoudad. After we harvest an Aoudad we have to process it in the mountains and get it out. There are no roads so you drive to a spot and start walking and glassing. 15 to 20km a day is easily expected. On the last trip there 9 sheep were hunted in 5 days with the 2 biggest being 33 1/2 and 32 1/2 respectively whilst the smallest was 27 1/2. This was at the end of March which is a great time to go as its not too cold yet over on that side of South Africa, and trust us...it gets cold over there!

In terms of the shooting I would say rifle is the way to go. Shots will likely be quite far due to the TOUGH terrain! (very rocky). Rifle shots can be anywhere from 100m to 400m.

The pricing for the Barbary hunt looks as follows:

5 Days/6 nights
$1650 total day fee's
Barbary sheep price is $2750/€2700 for the first sheep and $1660/€1500 for every sheep after.

Please do take the time to go through the pics, they are fantastic! There is also some fantastic potential for filming on the cards here!

We hope to hear from you all!

IMG-20191025-WA0033.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0029.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0035.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0037.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0027.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0043.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0036.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0050.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0061.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0023.jpg
IMG-20191025-WA0026.jpg

That looks crazy (my kinda hunt). Best of luck selling it. I have forwarded it onto a person who I feel might just bite the bait (y)

Looks like a fun hunt.!

I would LOVE a hunt like that! Unfortunately I've got too many other things on the go, as well as a Barbary being shipped out soon!

Ten years ago (I was in my 60s) I would have jumped on this! A bargain deal for sure! I use to backpack alone into the mountains of Colorado and hunt elk. Bivouac every night over looking a meadow. Wonderful times!
Oh to be just 10 years younger this would be so much fun! I will be very envious of anyone who has the balls to do this hunt! I would so enjoy reading a report on this!

That looks crazy (my kinda hunt). Best of luck selling it. I have forwarded it onto a person who I feel might just bite the bait (y)
Thank you very much it's greatly appreciated! These kind of hunts are definitely some of the ones you'll look back on most fondly! Suffering for success!

I would LOVE a hunt like that! Unfortunately I've got too many other things on the go, as well as a Barbary being shipped out soon!
Ah not a problem at all! Just a bit of bad timing but we are happy to hear you have a Barbary on it way to you!!!

Ten years ago (I was in my 60s) I would have jumped on this! A bargain deal for sure! I use to backpack alone into the mountains of Colorado and hunt elk. Bivouac every night over looking a meadow. Wonderful times!
Oh to be just 10 years younger this would be so much fun! I will be very envious of anyone who has the balls to do this hunt! I would so enjoy reading a report on this!
Sounds absolutely fantastic! These are definitely some of the hunts you never forget! Hopefully we manage to get you a report soon!

That should be a very interesting hunt.

I hunted a Barbary Sheep last year, in a farm west of Kimberley, by the pics, I can see the land is very similar, plains, little vegetation, kopjes. These animals are not easy to hunt, the moment they perceive you, they start running, all the herd together, and they keep close.

Even doing the traditional hunt with a bakkie, it took me three days to take mine.

j2EyhX8.jpg

6H7uktn.jpg

Attachments

• j2EyhX8.jpg
    j2EyhX8.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 180
  • 6H7uktn.jpg
    6H7uktn.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 168
Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds FUN!

Even doing the traditional hunt with a bakkie, it took me three days to take mine
And what a beauty you got!
Mine had a LOT of "ground shrinkage".

This is the type of hunting I really enjoy and am looking for, but the cost seems a bit high. Different country/species, but my wilderness Tahr (also considered pests) hunt(out of tents) last year in NZ was half the price. Additional animals if happened upon(Tahr/Chamois/Stag) were 1/4 of what is being quoted here.
This also doesn't seem to be your typical African hunt, where there are 4-5 in the party that need feeding, lodging, payment for services. PH and hunter only possible? What is a nominal fee?... to me it is a couple $100 to the land owner...break it down for me in a pm if you like. I hunt out of a tent/backpack here in the states quite a bit and for very little $$, it's all about the hunt for me, don't need all the extras.
Pick up/ drop at airport included? Which?

Thanks much

Sent an e-mail. Any other species? Mountain Reedbuck and or fallow deer available in the area?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg