AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club & Professional Hunters Association of South Africa
Free Hunt from Wintershoek Johnny Vivier Safaris for 2012

Win a FREE 7 day hunt in Africa including 8 plains game animals and airfare worth approximately US$ 25,000 with Mr Bone Collector, Michael Waddell and Mr Scentblocker, Scott Shultz. You and one companion stand a chance to hunt with Wintershoek Johnny Vivier Safaris. ALL EXPENSES PAID, including airfare, day rates, trophy fees, trophy preparation, shipping, and way more. Your hunt will be filmed to air of multiple TV shows with you and your hosts.

Enter Now by Clicking HERE! It is FREE! Win a FREE 7 day hunt in Africa including 8 plains game animals and airfare worth approximately US$ 25,000 with Mr Bone Collector, Michael Waddell and Mr Scentblocker, Scott Shultz. You and one companion stand a chance to hunt with Wintershoek Johnny Vivier Safaris with the weapon of your choice. ALL EXPENSES PAID, including airfare, day rates, trophy fees, trophy preparation, shipping, and way more. Your hunt will be filmed to air of multiple TV shows with you and your hosts.

Go to www.robinsonoutdoors.com/africa RIGHT NOW, and ENTER for FREE. As a bonus, you will also receive a huge discount on your first purchase from Scentblocker!!! ENTER NOW and come on over with Michael, Scott and the TV crew to capture your dream forever.

Applicants may register as often as they wish. Application period will run from 3:00pm, August 1, 2011 until 3:00pm, February 15, 2012. Contest winners will be notified in February 2012. Hunt will take place in July 2012.

Click here for ScentBlocker Safari Sweepstakes Official Rules / Terms & Conditions.

The Grand Prize will consist of the following; a minimum 7 day / 8 night hunt in Africa for the Grand Prize Winner and one eligible guest of his/her choosing (total of two (2) persons), with Michael Waddell and Scott Schultz in July 2012. The exact dates will be selected by the Sponsor. The trip includes round-trip coach-class air transportation from the major U.S. airport nearest to the Grand Prize Winner's residence to South Africa (airports and carriers to be determined by Sponsor); meals and lodging for the duration of the time in Africa; ground transportation in Africa; hunting for eight (8) plains game animals (that is the total number of animals to be taken by the Grand Prize Winner and guest together, in any combination); firearms and ammunition for use during the trip; associated game care and trophy fees; laundry for the duration of the time in Africa; tips and gratuities. The total approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is US$ 25,000.

The winner of the Grand Prize will be hunting at Wintershoek Johnny Vivier Safaris, www.wintershoekjvs.com, in the Northern Cape Province of South Africa. Wintershoek Johnny Vivier Safaris knows what it takes to create the perfect, unforgettable safaris experience, and strives to provide the best service in every aspect of the hunt. Wintershoek Johnny Vivier Safaris OWN over 110,000 acres in four unique areas in the Northern Cape Province of South Africa. In addition to that Wintershoek Johnny Vivier Safaris have access to some of the best Big Game Hunting/Hunting areas in the rest of South Africa. The diverse hunting terrain that you encounter in our areas and the fantastic hunting that you experience, will leave you absolutely breathless and in awe, longing to return. Incredible in every sense!

Links to hunting reports posted on AH by members:
- South Africa-plains game with Johnny Vivier Safaris August 2010
- Hunt with Wintershoek / Johnny Vivier Safaris

Links to WJVS Newsletters:
- Bush Breaking Newsletter Wintershoek Johnny Vivier Safaris 1
- Bush Breaking Newsletter Wintershoek Johnny Vivier Safaris 2
- Bush Breaking Newsletter Wintershoek Johnny Vivier Safaris 3
- Bush Breaking Newsletter Wintershoek Johnny Vivier Safaris 4

Attachments

• scentblocker-safari-sweepstakes-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    51.1 KB · Views: 315
  • ScentBlocker Safari Sweepstakes.pdf
    649.3 KB · Views: 526
Last edited by a moderator:
ALAS! If you are not a US citizen, don't bother. Sorry, Johnny, that, of course, is the sponsors' doing, not yours, but it is a cause for regret for us non-US hunters. I would have so liked to try my luck, the hunt sounds incredible (Pinch-me-I'm-dreaming, I-must-have-died-and-gone-to heaven-incredible). Well, back to putting pennies in the piggy bank and hoping that someday...

Timbear, thanks for saving me the time.

Thanks Johnny Vivier for letting us know about the contest, here's a chance for those of us that was going to sit out 2012 WHO KNOWS MAYBE NOT.

Good luck to you guys that enter, It looks like it should be a great opportunity.

yuk, i think they don't like hunters from holland...

While this is a great offer and good luck to all who enter.

I do not want to bust anyone bubble. however the tax collector will be watching such a valued event.

The tax man will come in 2013 and who ever is the lucky winner will be on the hook for about $13,000 in taxes (depending on the state you live in)...so save your pennies to make sure you have the money for the tax bill.

Most on here can go on safari for less that than $13,000 and have a great time.

Now if you lived up here James the winner would not have a tax bill!

Neat offer. If I win, can I just hunt with my friends? :)

You are right about having to pay taxes. However, I think your estimate is a bit high. They value the entire prize at $25k and it is for two. Depending on each person's tax bracket and the fair market value of the prize at the time they take possession, I would expect the taxes on that trip to be around $3-5k each. Hell, even if you pay 50 percent of the FMV, you have a hell of a trip for $6k.

I think it's a great offer. There will be low odds in winning...hey it's a contest...that Scentblocker is obvisously help advertise and pay for the hunt too. I wish the winners of the hunt the best of luck on their trip to Africa.

i still would love to win and enter the contest, but i'm living in holland and they don't allow hunter from outside the us
well, the 3trd of november 2011, i'll travel to klerkdorp south africa to hunt for 10 days on a row again, so who needs contests ;)

Ah, I'm dreaming. I already plan on being in SA and Namibia Aug./Sept. of 2012 anyway, so fitting this hunt in also, would be really easy. 21 days of my trip and 9 days for this trip. 30 days of Africa hunting, OH MY! What a DREAM!

Good luck to all who enter.

Well, I went ahead and thru my name in the hat. I'll worry about the taxes when my name is drawn. Needless to say, I won't spend another minute worrying about taxes!!!

Good luck to all our US members that put their names in the hat!
I hope one of you will be the lucky winner and writes a great hunting report about it when you come home:)

Too bad only for U.S. Might have to switch scent killers

Taking nothing away from the prospects for our US members - really guys, but opening up such a magnificent competition / prize and 'disqualifying' all other nationalities really does leave a bad taste.

With the advertizing there will be a slim chance of wining this great package.

Fhm3006 ... you have a valid point and many of our northern hunters are excluded also...

AND THE WINNERS ARE............

hunting-08.jpg

And the Winners Are...

Hunting Trip to Africa
Russell Schwahn

Bone Collector Smack Down Suits
Joseph Knight
Terry Lafleur
Mark Hennington
Kimberly Layne
Jim Figg

ScentBlocker Bone Collector Boa Boots
George Stirner
Frederick Leland Jr
Clint Deskins
Charles Holland
Lynell Gayken

ScentBlocker Bone Collector Logo Sweatshirt
Joseph Cox
Roberta Adams
Coulton Seifert
Dana Wilson
Brian Carper

Scent Shield Bone Collector 6-Packs
Carl Hardy
Robbie Ackerman
Scott Miktuk
James Ray
Trent Westfall

Last edited by a moderator:
Russell should have some fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.