Free Booze and Food! January 5th, 2023

Just a shame I'm not coming along to the DSC this year. Im sure y'all going to have a super time anyways

Open invitation for AH members... Thursday, January 5th (Opening night of DSC) 2023 from 7PM until whenever we are done.. the mdwest family will be hosting a @Bos en Dal SAFARIS house party at our home in Allen, TX (DFW suburb).

We'll have plenty of South African wines on hand, beer, and some choice spirits available.. enough food to feed a small army... a few door prizes to give away (more on that later..)..

Whether you're local the DFW area, or coming into town for the annual convention, we'd love to see you.. We're admittedly a bit of a haul from downtown (about a 30 minute uber/cab ride from Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center to our front door outside of rush hour time periods).. but we'll make it worth your while.. a few other AH members have already said they're coming (I've been socializing this privately among people I already know personally).. so I anticipate a nice turnout and great opportunity for members to get to know each other a bit, pick up some swag, have a few drinks, eat some good chow, tell a few hunting tales (i.e. lies :D ), and have a good time...

I'll provide the address via PM to anyone interested (don't want to put that out in public)...

Hope to see a bunch of you guys here in a few weeks!
I will not be there until Friday morning but what a nice offer!!! You are a prince and a gentlemen sir!!!

Hmmm, vey tempting invitation. Ya'll are a bit of a ride outside of town though.

I was pleasantly surprised when my wife (who is not a hunter nor much of a gun person) was genuinely interested in attending this gathering with me. She would like to go on a photo safari in Africa someday, so this will be a great opportunity for her to hear firsthand from those who have been there. :)

Huge thanks to @Mark Biggerstaff and @R&M FIREARMS for the donation of a Leupold VX3 HD CDS 1.5-5x optic for our event! We'll do a drawing at some point during the night to find out who the lucky winner will be (must be present to win ;) )....

Working on a few more door prizes as well.. more to follow as things develop :)

1669922346763.png

really looking forward to seeing you guys and kicking off DSC 2023 right on Thursday night :)

A much welcomed and generous invite. I'd love to attend but, I'm leaving the DFW area on 12/28.

Last edited:
Hate you wont be in town @BigGame ... Something tells me this has potential to become an annual event after this year... maybe in 2024! :)

Excuse my ignorance (I only Uber when I'm in Vegas). Sounds like it wouldnt be too big of a deal to get an Uber to join in on this, is it easy to get one to return back to the hotels near the convention center after the get together?

Excuse my ignorance (I only Uber when I'm in Vegas). Sounds like it wouldnt be too big of a deal to get an Uber to join in on this, is it easy to get one to return back to the hotels near the convention center after the get together?

I plan on using Uber myself. I am staying at Westin Downtown.
Maybe some of us could Uber together to Dave's

Uber works well in DFW.. plenty of drivers.. and generally much nicer and more reliable than whats left of the cab industry here.. Lyft works well also for those that prefer that rideshare app..

During DSC I'd guess the drivers will be a little backed up and it might be a 10-15 minute wait to catch an uber.. but heading back downtown from Allen will be no issue at all.. I uber to DFW airport pretty regularly (prefer that to leaving my truck at the airport for a week at a time).. the wait time for a pick up in Allen is rarely more than 5-6 minutes..

I plan on using Uber myself. I am staying at Westin Downtown.
Maybe some of us could Uber together to Dave's
That sounds like a good idea. When it get a lite closer to time we can come up with a plan on where to meet up downtown close to the hotels and get a couple of the Uber XL vehicles

Open invitation for AH members... Thursday, January 5th (Opening night of DSC) 2023 from 7PM until whenever we are done.. the mdwest family will be hosting a @Bos en Dal SAFARIS house party at our home in Allen, TX (DFW suburb).

We'll have plenty of South African wines on hand, beer, and some choice spirits available.. enough food to feed a small army... a few door prizes to give away (more on that later..)..

Whether you're local the DFW area, or coming into town for the annual convention, we'd love to see you.. We're admittedly a bit of a haul from downtown (about a 30 minute uber/cab ride from Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center to our front door outside of rush hour time periods).. but we'll make it worth your while.. a few other AH members have already said they're coming (I've been socializing this privately among people I already know personally).. so I anticipate a nice turnout and great opportunity for members to get to know each other a bit, pick up some swag, have a few drinks, eat some good chow, tell a few hunting tales (i.e. lies :D ), and have a good time...

I'll provide the address via PM to anyone interested (don't want to put that out in public)...

Hope to see a bunch of you guys here in a few weeks!

That’s awesome! Thank you for the invitation…. You’re just down the road from me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you