Free 35 Whelen Ammo

Rell

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I sold my country place and have some hand loaded ammo for the 35 Whelen I don’t have a rifle for anymore. Space is at a premium but I can’t just junk it.

Almost 200 rounds; REM Whelen brass, 225gr Sierra boat tail game kings. They are necked sized with an over Sami COL, so you will mostly likely need to have dies to shorten. Medium power load, I’ll try and dig it up but only about 2300fps.

Happy to send them to you for the shipping cost in the USA.

Would love to have these for my Rem 700, 35 Whelen. Glad to pay shipping. Picture attached.

35W1.JPG
35W2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
To make this interesting and make sure the ammo goes to a good home …. Send me a picture of your rifle you would use this with?

I did this once before and saw the ammo (9.3x57) listed on gun broker a week later.
Nice touch lol I'd be pissed if someone got it to sell

Yes, I reload for this caliber. Have the dies to make it work. In fact, I load the same bullet.

I sold my country place and have some hand loaded ammo for the 35 Whelen I don’t have a rifle for anymore. Space is at a premium but I can’t just junk it.

Almost 200 rounds; REM Whelen brass, 225gr Sierra boat tail game kings. They are necked sized with an over Sami COL, so you will mostly likely need to have dies to shorten. Medium power load, I’ll try and dig it up but only about 2300fps.

Happy to send them to you for the shipping cost in the USA.
@Rell
Just my bloody luck to be in the wrong country AGAIN. With my luck the way things are I don't think I could score a shag in a brothel with a fist full of 50s. But thats life
Bob

To make this interesting and make sure the ammo goes to a good home …. Send me a picture of your rifle you would use this with?

I did this once before and saw the ammo (9.3x57) listed on gun broker a week later.
@Rell
This one went to Namibia with me.

20200201_135545.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rell
Just my bloody luck to be in the wrong country AGAIN. With my luck the way things are I don't think I could score a shag in a brothel with a fist full of 50s. But thats life
Bob
Hey Shag,
There is only a few Aussies here. The others don't use our Slang.

Bob, I'm gonna load a .243 to FULL Potential
@CBH Australia
It already is. It hasn't got any potential to start with. Load the case full of shotgun powder, seat a nice 100gn so it is tight in the lands.
Place in rifle that is held firmly in a vice. Attach about 100 foot of string to the trigger and stand well back for safety.
Yank string and watch said 243 dismantle itself. Now that has the potential to be fun.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg