Freak Bushbuck

Nothing wrong with his legs except that a cal 416 passed through his shoulders.
_20190702_024729.JPG

Very strange but this can happen with an injury. I’ve seen it before but not as pronounced as this one!

Cutaneous horn, probably didn't cause him too much distress at all.

I'd be curious to know his overall body condition.

Looked perfectly normal and there was nothing wrong with the meat either. I had two PH's with me on my second day in Botswana and we were not looking for Bushbuck when we saw this one at the river bank. He stood with the rear end to us and we did not see the right side of the head. I was not interested but my PHs thought it was a very good trophy. When I looked at him through my scope, I could see that something was hanging from his head. I could not see what it was, maybe a snare or some harmless piece of vegitation but i took the shot as soon as i could.
My PH was right, it was a very good thropy! I donated it to the farm, it should stay in Botswana, the farmer said that they will make a full mount of the buck. They charged me full price for taking down the buck, i hope i dont have to pay for the full mount!

Looked perfectly normal and there was nothing wrong with the meat either. I had two PH's with me on my second day in Botswana and we were not looking for Bushbuck when we saw this one at the river bank. He stood with the rear end to us and we did not see the right side of the head. I was not interested but my PHs thought it was a very good trophy. When I looked at him through my scope, I could see that something was hanging from his head. I could not see what it was, maybe a snare or some harmless piece of vegitation but i took the shot as soon as i could.
My PH was right, it was a very good thropy! I donated it to the farm, it should stay in Botswana, the farmer said that they will make a full mount of the buck. They charged me full price for taking down the buck, i hope i dont have to pay for the full mount!

I thought that would be the case re. His condition.
That's a little cheeky that they charged you for it when you allowed them to keep it. And yes but perhaps keep your eye out for the taxidermy bill! Who outfitted the hunt? He is quite a beautiful bushbuck.

More than a little cheeky I think.:(

The outfitter was Umlilo Safaris. Sometimes its a small world, someone in Afrika posts pictures on
FB, an American sees them and post them on the AH-forum and i see the post in Sweden. Pretty funny.
Just got my trophies from june -19 last week but i am still waiting for pictures off the full mount off the
Freak Bushbuck.

The outfitter was Umlilo Safaris. Sometimes its a small world, someone in Afrika posts pictures on
FB, an American sees them and post them on the AH-forum and i see the post in Sweden. Pretty funny.
Just got my trophies from june -19 last week but i am still waiting for pictures off the full mount off the
Freak Bushbuck.
I'm English.....
Just to add another link in the chain.

Sorry about that, did not mean to offend you Adrian. But it is still pretty funny even if you
are English.

Sorry about that, did not mean to offend you Adrian. But it is still pretty funny even if you
are English.
Oh! No offence taken, just amusing that it's rebounded across the globe even more than you thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross