Freak Bushbuck

luger6

Reaction score
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Botswana
Nothing wrong with his legs except that a cal 416 passed through his shoulders.
_20190702_024729.JPG

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Very strange but this can happen with an injury. I’ve seen it before but not as pronounced as this one!

JPbowhunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Cutaneous horn, probably didn't cause him too much distress at all.

I'd be curious to know his overall body condition.

luger6

Reaction score
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Botswana
Looked perfectly normal and there was nothing wrong with the meat either. I had two PH's with me on my second day in Botswana and we were not looking for Bushbuck when we saw this one at the river bank. He stood with the rear end to us and we did not see the right side of the head. I was not interested but my PHs thought it was a very good trophy. When I looked at him through my scope, I could see that something was hanging from his head. I could not see what it was, maybe a snare or some harmless piece of vegitation but i took the shot as soon as i could.
My PH was right, it was a very good thropy! I donated it to the farm, it should stay in Botswana, the farmer said that they will make a full mount of the buck. They charged me full price for taking down the buck, i hope i dont have to pay for the full mount!

JPbowhunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Looked perfectly normal and there was nothing wrong with the meat either. I had two PH's with me on my second day in Botswana and we were not looking for Bushbuck when we saw this one at the river bank. He stood with the rear end to us and we did not see the right side of the head. I was not interested but my PHs thought it was a very good trophy. When I looked at him through my scope, I could see that something was hanging from his head. I could not see what it was, maybe a snare or some harmless piece of vegitation but i took the shot as soon as i could.
My PH was right, it was a very good thropy! I donated it to the farm, it should stay in Botswana, the farmer said that they will make a full mount of the buck. They charged me full price for taking down the buck, i hope i dont have to pay for the full mount!

I thought that would be the case re. His condition.
That's a little cheeky that they charged you for it when you allowed them to keep it. And yes but perhaps keep your eye out for the taxidermy bill! Who outfitted the hunt? He is quite a beautiful bushbuck.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
More than a little cheeky I think.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davegraham9567

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
Viral is a great guy to trade with First Class all the way!!
Rickmt wrote on Justbryan's profile.
What is your new shorter rifle? Thanx Bryan !
raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!
Sarg wrote on Philippe's profile.
Hello Philippe, did you get my PM that I sent you earlier ?

Regards Mark