Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, SCI, DSC, Wild Sheep Foundation, NSSF
Hunted
Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, California, Alberta Canada, South Africa, Zimbabwe
God, I pray in this next go-round we get an administration that appreciates our military, our country and our honor :mad:

Four Funerals

By all accounts, Harold was a bright child. He grew up in America. He went to school and had a bright future ahead of him. His full life was cut short in a violent moment.

While few people had ever heard of Harold before his death, many did afterwards. And in death, something shocking happened. What was so shocking, especially when it is compared to the death of someone else recently in the news? Harold is Harold Greene, Major General United States Army.

On August 5th, General Greene was killed by a Taliban terrorist. He was returned to America with full military honors. While Major General Greene was buried, Barack Obama was golfing. The Vice President wasn’t there either. Flags were not even lowered to half staff.

Four days after Harold Greene gave his life for America, Michael Brown was killed in Ferguson Missouri. It is safe to say, Brown was at best a thug. The media has repeatedly shown photos of Brown flashing gang signs. Some media outlets have even associated him with a specific gang. In the minutes before his death, this "Gentle Giant" committed a robbery at a local convenience store. According to other reports, Brown struck officer Darren Wilson and shattered his orbital bone.

Obama sent a three-person presidential delegation to Michael Brown’s funeral.

Obama would not attend the funeral of the highest ranking military officer killed in the line of duty since 9/11, yet he will send a delegation to the funeral of a thug.

When Margaret Thatcher, one of America’s staunchest allies and Ronald Reagan’s partner in bringing down Soviet communism, died Obama sent only a small low-level delegation to her funeral. The snub was not missed by the British.

When Chris Kyle, the most lethal American sniper in history was murdered, there was no expression of sympathy from the White House. There was no White House delegation at his funeral.

American heroes die and Obama goes to the golf course.

A thug dies and he gets a White House delegation.

AMERICA !
Designed by geniuses,
Run by idiots.

Wow! Very well written and to the point. We definitely need "change". Thanks for posting this.. Hopefully this message gets out to the people who need to hear it the most.

Great letter and to the point.

I think our administration is running out of road and the bridge is out, i do hope that they jump in and go away.

Just shows how crazy are country has gotten over the last 6 years.The worst to many people are to dumb to understand the points you just made you would be a racist only for saying it.Can only hope the next two years go fast and the clowns doing all the damage dont screw us up to much more and someone can fix the mess they made.

Thanks for posting this up maybe it will wake up a few people.

Harry Greene was a friend of mine - I had known him since he was a lieutenant colonel (that means over a decade). He was a typical American Army Officer in that he and his family truly lived and believed in the idea of selfless service to this nation and its people. Like most of those very few who make it through the tight gates to to general officer, he had the smarts, education, and the ability to make boatloads of money in private sector. Instead, he chose a life of giving to his country. We should all be very grateful that somehow we still produce such people.

My condolences to you Red Leg for the loss of your friend.
It's saddening and pathetic that the administration runs amuck and the media and general population doesnt give a damn. And as BillC said if you do you're called a racist.
The sunset can't come soon enough for these yahoos to ride off into.

This is all to true and a very sad story of what a great nation has become. I hope that my American friends get a handle on this soon.

America has been a great country. Our current and some of the other recent administrations have not been as....... lets say patriotic. They seem to of forgotten many of their duties to the nation. Bruce

Yes we are being run by an idiot who is supported by a Senate that's just as dumb. In the coming elections we need to change the make up of the Senate. Why you ask? Because that group approves the nominations to the Supreme Court. You like the freedom to own a fire Arm? Imagine a Supreme Court with another far left justice like Kegan or Sotomyor on it and you can see the 2nd amendment redefined.

Obama has no honor where our military is concerned. Hilda Beast would no better.

My condolences to you Red Leg for the loss of your friend.
It's saddening and pathetic that the administration runs amuck and the media and general population doesnt give a damn. And as BillC said if you do you're called a racist.
The sunset can't come soon enough for these yahoos to ride off into.

+1.

Harry Greene was a friend of mine - I had known him since he was a lieutenant colonel (that means over a decade). He was a typical American Army Officer in that he and his family truly lived and believed in the idea of selfless service to this nation and its people. Like most of those very few who make it through the tight gates to to general officer, he had the smarts, education, and the ability to make boatloads of money in private sector. Instead, he chose a life of giving to his country. We should all be very grateful that somehow we still produce such people.

My condolences to you.

Also, Thank you for your service! Would I be correct in assuming that with your moniker you spent some time at Ft. Sill?

All the best.

All I can say to the above posts is this; I agree.

Well, except the proper spelling is Hildebeest. :D

My condolences to you.

Also, Thank you for your service! Would I be correct in assuming that with your moniker you spent some time at Ft. Sill?

All the best.

I did indeed. Commanded a battalion and a brigade at Sill (along with attending the usual schools). Great family post and excellent deer and quail hunting. We enjoyed our time there.

I did indeed. Commanded a battalion and a brigade at Sill (along with attending the usual schools). Great family post and excellent deer and quail hunting. We enjoyed our time there.

Nice to know a gentleman that can " Lend Dignity to What Otherwise Would Be a Common Brawl".

Last month I was driving through Lawton with a brother. He had never been to Geronimo's grave so we stopped by to see it. For a semi-arid post, Ft. Sill has a unique beauty with the Wichita's as a backdrop.

Glad you enjoyed your time in our fair state. Again, thanks for your service. It is much appreciated.

All the best.

Nice to know a gentleman that can " Lend Dignity to What Otherwise Would Be a Common Brawl".

Last month I was driving through Lawton with a brother. He had never been to Geronimo's grave so we stopped by to see it. For a semi-arid post, Ft. Sill has a unique beauty with the Wichita's as a backdrop.

Glad you enjoyed your time in our fair state. Again, thanks for your service. It is much appreciated.

All the best.

You are most welcome.

The Wichita's are indeed a beautiful setting. We lived on the Old Post Quadrangle, and to do so was to live with old and long gone comrades. Had the opportunity to get to know a number of the native Kiowa and Comanche - even danced in an honor pow wow when we returned from Desert Storm. As I remember, my spouse said nothing in my movements reminded her in the least of Kevin Costner or Dances with Wolves. Sigh.

Hi All,
Upon reading the posts above it occurred to me that the way I posted up the article "Four Funerals" it may seem that I was the author, which I am not. Not sure if anyone took it that way, but wanted to make sure there was no confusion. The initial comment is mine, the article itself was forwarded to me in an email and I thought it was spot on. Not my intent to pass it off as my own. I'm not sure who the author is, but I like his style. If anybody finds out please post it up.
If this was already abundantly clear, sorry to point out what apparently was already obvious :oops:
Red Leg, it's an honor to know you sir, though only via this forum. I really enjoyed the hunt report on your recent Buff hunt. Excellent! My condolences on the loss of your friend, General Greene.
I'll leave y'all with this quote by Sir William Butler. He was an Irishman and a British Army officer who served in the Zulu War, Sudan, and South Africa. He attained the rank of Lieutenant General and retired in 1905. The current administration and it's supporters would do well do heed his admonition.

The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line
of demarcation between the fighting man
and the thinking man
is liable to find its fighting done by fools
and it's thinking done by cowards.

- Sir William Butler

Hope you don't mind if I copy that original post and send it on to others via email. Especially to people I suspect may have voted for Obama.

Not at all Bob! I will regard it as a public service :D

Ida Ram, not being a US citizen, I don´t think it would be appropiate for me to comment on your post, but please allow me to say that I understand how you feel.

Thank you Nyati!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross