Former Sniper Now Hunting Poachers

cash_tx

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Interesting interview that I stumbled across on YouTube:

Description: Today on Change Agents, an IRONCLAD original, Andy Stumpf sits down with former Australian special operations sniper Damien Mander. Today, he is the founder of the International Anti-Poaching Foundation: https://www.iapf.org/

Interested to hear the comments and thoughts of the other members of this forum.

Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 8.17.55 AM Large.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

On their page is very much donate

And last bit on his Wiki page is this.

"
He has also appeared in the documentaries Vegan 2018, The Game Changers, and Last of the Longnecks.[31] The Game Changers covers his life and advocacy as a vegan.[32]

"​

Hmmm, interesting. I have seen the Game Changers documentary, but I don't recall him from that; though to be honest, I only remember a few of the people that they interviewed for that show.

While hunters are also anti-poachers, I very much doubt that a vegan has anything to say of interest to most of us. If he does not actively condemn legal hunting, it is only because we are the ones paying for conservation and anti-poaching efforts. I have known enough vegans to know that that they're all opposed to killing any animal for any reason. Animals do not, and should not, have human rights.

Mander has claimed that hunting assists poaching in the past and contributes to extinction. He’s essentially a militant vegan who hasn’t bothered to understand the subject he discusses.

Mander has claimed that hunting assists poaching in the past and contributes to extinction. He’s essentially a militant vegan who hasn’t bothered to understand the subject he discusses.
Just about what I would expect from anyone that claims to be a vegan. As the "documentary" Game Changers has been thoroughly debunked, most all vegans are driven by ideology and not evidence.

The introduction to the film, put me off early on:

1:30-1:39
".... he became involved in anti-poaching efforts, particularly stopping the HUNTING of rhinoceros"

I studied “Environmental Management” from the University of London in 1965 and then “Principles of Forestry“ from the University of Peshawar in 1967. From 1972 to 1989, I was the Divisional Forest Officer of two of the largest forested areas in my part of the world. I spent 8 years (2 terms) in charge of the Chittagong Hill Tracts and 9 years (2 terms) in charge of the Sundarban mangrove forests. Then, I became the Chief Conservator of Forests for the entire country from 1990 to 2000 (2 terms). My administration is the one responsible for completely eradicating tiger poaching from the Sundarbans. So I‘m qualified to talk about this matter.

Damian (like all vegans) is not a conservationist. He is an attention seeker who preaches the most illiterate nonsense to the weak minded masses (who believe the kind of garbage that he spouts). It’s truly pathetic that ”Game Changers” can even pass for a documentary these days. It’s basically a sensationalized video tabloid that conveniently leaves out all of the facts that undermine the ideologies preached by vegans & anti hunters.

Just look at his views on meat eating and hunting. It’s not even remotely based on science and facts. He seems to have abandoned them altogether in favor of the typical vegan anti hunter emotional rants. I also have extremely serious doubts about how much his contribution to anti poaching efforts in Africa really are. He’s not conservationist. He’s a poster boy for what vegans want you to think conservationists are.

Properly regulated Hunting doesn’t assist poaching. It destroys it. It doesn’t drive animals towards extinction. It saves them from it. That’s why India (post 1972) and Kenya (post 1977) have such a disastrous condition with it’s fauna. While more pro hunting countries like Pakistan and Namibia (and basically every other pro hunting country in Africa and Europe and the Americas) thrive in wildlife (while also having good revenue generated for local communities and wildlife conservation).

Wildlife conservation isn’t about how a few animals from a particular species feel. It’s about saving the entire species as a whole.

I studied “Environmental Management” from the University of London in 1965 and then “Principles of Forestry“ from the University of Peshawar in 1967. From 1972 to 1989, I was the Divisional Forest Officer of two of the largest forested areas in my part of the world. I spent 8 years (2 terms) in charge of the Chittagong Hill Tracts and 9 years (2 terms) in charge of the Sundarban mangrove forests. Then, I became the Chief Conservator of Forests for the entire country from 1990 to 2000 (2 terms). My administration is the one responsible for completely eradicating tiger poaching from the Sundarbans. So I‘m qualified to talk about this matter.

Damian (like all vegans) is not a conservationist. He is an attention seeker who preaches the most illiterate nonsense to the weak minded masses (who believe the kind of garbage that he spouts). It’s truly pathetic that ”Game Changers” can even pass for a documentary these days. It’s basically a sensationalized video tabloid that conveniently leaves out all of the facts that undermine the ideologies preached by vegans & anti hunters.

Just look at his views on meat eating and hunting. It’s not even remotely based on science and facts. He seems to have abandoned them altogether in favor of the typical vegan anti hunter emotional rants. I also have extremely serious doubts about how much his contribution to anti poaching efforts in Africa really are. He’s not conservationist. He’s a poster boy for what vegans want you to think conservationists are.

Properly regulated Hunting doesn’t assist poaching. It destroys it. It doesn’t drive animals towards extinction. It saves them from it. That’s why India (post 1972) and Kenya (post 1977) have such a disastrous condition with it’s fauna. While more pro hunting countries like Pakistan and Namibia (and basically every other pro hunting country in Africa and Europe and the Americas) thrive in wildlife (while also having good revenue generated for local communities and wildlife conservation).

Wildlife conservation isn’t about how a few animals from a particular species feel. It’s about saving the entire species as a whole.
Very well said, and I appreciate you sharing that insight and voice of experience.

Exactly right, and very well put! Thank you for stating it do clearly.

Doug

On their page is very much donate

And last bit on his Wiki page is this.

"
He has also appeared in the documentaries Vegan 2018, The Game Changers, and Last of the Longnecks.[31] The Game Changers covers his life and advocacy as a vegan.[32]

"​

Hard for me to criticize or condemn someone for being Vegan, but they cross the line if they want be to buy into the philosophy and lifestyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg