Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
My local restaurant has this on tap and I had it a few times and liked it. Its locally brewed here in WA state. Similar to Alaskan Amber only better, which some of you may have had. I really like this stuff. Saw a 6 pack in Safeway yesterday and snagged it, first time I have seen it offered in cans. Nice artwork too.
IMG_1697.JPG

Nice packaging and name. We have a Lion Lager here in Zim and SA, its a bit sweet though. At one time there was a Lion Ale, that was much nicer but I haven't seen it for years. Now I might get a few raised eyebrows, but I really like the opaque beer that the locals drink, brand name Chibuku. Apparently it is good for stomach ulsers.

MOSI was the best beer ever to pass over my tongue. My opinion obviously.

I'll check with my local liquor store, they don't mind ordering on request. I'll give African Amber a shot...

Nice artwork. I might in Australia though. The beers I tried in South Africa were all good.
I recommend Coopers beers for any one visiting Australia

Nice packaging and name. We have a Lion Lager here in Zim and SA, its a bit sweet though. At one time there was a Lion Ale, that was much nicer but I haven't seen it for years. Now I might get a few raised eyebrows, but I really like the opaque beer that the locals drink, brand name Chibuku. Apparently it is good for stomach ulsers.
Curing them or Causing them?

Anyone ever smelt chibuku being brewed?

It takes some getting used to

Smelt it many times wafting in from the bush

I did love both Lion and Castle though - rival beers but both great when ice chilled at a braai

MOSI was the best beer ever to pass over my tongue. My opinion obviously.

I'll check with my local liquor store, they don't mind ordering on request. I'll give African Amber a shot...
Most is still up at the top of the list for me.

Most is still up at the top of the list for me.

I agree Mosi is the best beer I have had in Africa. Anyone who can get their hands on Alaskan Amber needs to give it a try. Truly an excellent beer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you