AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
Donald Anderson,the son of Keneth Anderson ,the last white shikari of India.

1079666_10153008396180391_1912519913_n.jpg
_f344e23c-17f2-11e8-80b7-5f600041ef82.jpg

hope you enoy it
Foxi (who has no desire to work today :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
This bastard and his father are a disgrace to the international shikar community , Foxi . Not only have I read this book last year ... But I also knew both Don and Kenneth personally . They used to live in Prospect House in South Bangalore at the time . It is Kenneth Anderson's later books ... Which partially led to a complete ban on shikar in India ... In 1972 .This book , written by Don ... is an anti hunters perfect guide to look for anti hunting propaganda .

420035_301802123201894_700647103_n.jpg

422274_301794139869359_995057594_n.jpg

402710_301790239869749_2051117705_n.jpg

bring these pics for all, which are interested for colonial hunting.
Sic transit gloria mundi.

Attachments

• 402710_301790239869749_2051117705_n.jpg
    402710_301790239869749_2051117705_n.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 188
  • 420035_301802123201894_700647103_n.jpg
    420035_301802123201894_700647103_n.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 244
  • 422274_301794139869359_995057594_n.jpg
    422274_301794139869359_995057594_n.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 251
This bastard and his father are a disgrace to the international shikar community , Foxi . Not only have I read this book last year ... But I also knew both Don and Kenneth personally . They used to live in Prospect House in South Bangalore at the time . It is Kenneth Anderson's later books ... Which partially led to a complete ban on shikar in India ... In 1972 .This book , written by Don ... is an anti hunters perfect guide to look for anti hunting propaganda .

Hopala.
Are you sure your choice of words is the right one?
So far, the only book I've been able to read is Keneth Anderson's "Tiger in the Jungle".
Exemplary.

Hopala,
Are you sure your choice of words is the right one?
So far, the only book I've been able to read is Keneth Anderson's "Tiger in the Jungle".
Exemplary.
Here is my evidence , Foxi .
@Kawshik Rahman and I actually knew the Anderson family very well . Kawshik guided Don on a gaur shikar in 1962 . We had countless interactions with the Anderson family .
Aside my my personal interactions with them ...These are Don's own words .
Screenshot_20200513-025646_01.png
Screenshot_20200513-025650_01.png
Screenshot_20200513-025718_01.png

Every pro hunting person in India will have a great hatred for Kenneth Anderson , and with good reason . His last few books after he became a so called " conservationist " ( with their false anti hunting propaganda ) was partially responsible leading to the ban on all hunting in India in 1972 . They formed a great deal of wrong views about hunting in the minds of his readers .
He also ( at least since l first knew him in 1962 ) was opposed to ordinary people hunting and in all his writings , makes hunters look irresponsible and incompetent and makes it look as if hunters are responsible for destroying the ecosystem . He found deer hunting " cruel " and l actually got into a debate about this , with Mr. Anderson once . He was completely opposed to the eating of venison . He wrote about Caucasian males in ways which makes Democrats look innocent by comparison . Every problem faced by Indians ( even those caused by Indians themselves ) , he was somehow finding a way to blame it on white men in his books . In his writings , he made Indians look altruistic and white men look inherently evil .
The irony is that , despite all his " ass kissing " of the anti hunting Indian government , it is those very people who took all of his land and property away and caused his son to spend his final days in poverty. Their excuse for confiscating all of a man's wealth ? That it was acquired through " Colonial exploitation " .
Kenneth's son ( Don ) was reduced to living in a single room in the out house of an Indian land lady . Towards the end of his life , he did not even have money to pay for his medication .

Last edited:
screenshot_20191225-151955_01-png.320754

This is the most famous photograph of Kenneth Anderson . Take
a closer look at the rifle . You gentlemen all know that Kenneth Anderson owned and used a .405 Winchester Model 1895 lever rifle . A lesser known fact , is that he actually owned and used a .450/ 400 Nitro Express double barreled side by side rifle , built by the British Company , W J Jeffery . This rifle was a gift to him , from Dick Bird . He actually preferred it to his Winchester for the big male royal Bengal tigers .
When most people look at this photograph with a passing glance , they immediately assume that he is holding his .405 Winchester Model 1895 lever rifle . But here is the thing . He is not .
The rifle in the picture is an Indian Ordinance Factories .315 bolt rifle , built on a cheap Indian copy of the service Lee Enfield action . Also , he is wearing a white shirt . Anyone who has ever hunted in India ( especially nocturnal dangerous game ) will tell you that it is suicide to wear a white shirt when hunting game at night .
So , why is Kenneth Anderson using a cheap , Indian Ordinance Factories rifle in this photograph and not 1 of his 2 personal rifles ?
The answer is because , at this point in his life , Kenneth Anderson had sold both his rifles and had actually become a staunch supporter of Indian gun control and anti hunting . Therefore , he used a borrowed rifle for the picture . The reason why he is wearing a white shirt is because he is attempting to evoke the image of a " stereotypical colonial hunter " . This photograph is the most widely remembered photograph of Kenneth Anderson in the hunting community . Ironically , he actually took this picture in an event organized to demonize hunting .
I was not there that day , but a local news paper had covered the event. However , l have also held the actual pictured rifle in my hand . This rifle used to belong to his son , Don ( who was still into target shooting at the time ) . When l met the Andersons in 1962 , Don used to own 3 firearms : That IOF .315 bolt rifle , an IOF "12 Bore DBBL " shot gun ( the same type of shot gun used by Kawshik during his career ) and a 10.75×68 mm calibre Mauser Oberndorf 98 action bolt rifle , made by a company named Mauser . ( However , ammunition for this was extremely scare and Don had a box of pre 1947 ICI Kynoch cartridges which he made do with , for his entire stint as a hunter ) . He briefly had a .30-06 Springfield Model 1903 bolt rifle , which another Anglo Indian had sold him , but he only had 10 cartridges for it , and he sold it very quickly .
Don was not very bright as a shikaree. On 2 separate occasions , he let someone from his shikar party get killed . 1 was a tracker and the other was a shikaree guide . Their deaths could have been easily avoided , had it not been for Don's impulsive behavior .Kawshik actually guided Don once in a gaur shikar in 1962 .

In 2014 , after Don's death , a man wrote an autobiography about Don based on "interviews" he had with Don , but the amount of inaccuracies that is in that book , is laughable . The writer ( by his own admission ) is an anti hunter and painted hunting in the worst possible way . He also had not even basic knowledge of fire arms , referring to a .404 Jeffery as a " Double barrelled shot gun " . He also portrays every hunter in the book as an adulterous , sadistic and cowardly racist . In the end of the book , the writer makes it sound as if Don dying penniless was the Gods' way of punishing him for killing so many " defenseless animals " . He coyly ignores the fact that it was the Indian government who actually took all of their land and property away . That book is called , " Last White Hunter " .
Yes , l have no fondness for the Andersons . Jim Corbett , however , was a true hero in every definition of the word.
And l wish that l could have met this lion of a man .

You know Major what you see today is the product of 400 to 500 years of history, politics,and religion of that sub continent. Old world people became very selfish. Out siders were able to manipulate. Still they havent learned due to selfishness. Too much corruption. No unity. When I left India there were 14 states. Look at it now. Pakistan or Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Mayanmar all are the same people different country after world war 2. May be I said too much. It is sad.

You know Major what you see today is the product of 400 to 500 years of history, politics,and religion of that sub continent. Old world people became very selfish. Out siders were able to manipulate. Still they havent learned due to selfishness. Too much corruption. No unity. When I left India there were 14 states. Look at it now. Pakistan or Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Mayanmar all are the same people different country after world war 2. May be I said too much. It is sad.
You , Krish .... Have spoken my mind . Politicians in India still blame Europeans for India's short comings today . Well , the truth is far more grim . The continent already had massive internal problems ... As it is . European colonizers simply did ... what any outside power would have done , under these circumstances .They used the internal rifts to their advantage . And long story short ... They did to the whole of India ... What each kingdom had been wanting to do to the others , for a long , long time . They successfully took control of ALL of India . Now , 73 years after the 1947 Independence ... Our politicians still attempt to blame the Europeans for all of the short comings currently occurring in South East Asia . Because , that is who they really are . They would much rather play the blame game ... Than actually take any steps to improve the country .
India protested to get free from the British . Pakistan argued to get free from India. Bangladesh fought to get free from Pakistan . But yes ... I have absolutely 0 regrets about serving in the Bangladesh Liberation War in 1971. On the contrary ... I am proud of it . If we were a part of India , today ... Then , Hunting and import of fire arms would be out right banned . If we were a part of Pakistan , today .... Then we would still be controlled by fanatical Muslims . So , we ended up taking the 3rd option ... Choosing to be poor masters , than wealthy servants . For a 3rd world country only 49 years in to it's Independence ... I do believe that we are doing OKAY ... Considering the circumstances .
And any day , now ... Kashmir will break away from India ( And by proxy ... Pakistan ) in order to become an independent country .

How is the predator population controlled in India post ban @Major Khan ? Surely they must still have to deal with cats turning man eater?
They actually DO NOT deal with the problem , Skinnersblade . They merely advise the locals to lock their doors and refrain from venturing out side , too much ( I am NOT joking . Although , I wish that I was ) . Occasionally , they ATTEMPT to tranquilize the brute and re locate it some where else . However , this ends ... Just as well , as you think it would . The man eater simply becomes another locality's problem . Since a man eating forest panther or royal Bengal tiger loses It's appetite for EVERYTHING ELSE , the moment that it acquires a taste for the flesh of man ... It shall NEVER cease to remain a threat to human life . The man eater shall go so far as to travel for MILES ... Just to attack and devour a single human being . The only solution to dealing with a man eater ... Is by ending it's life . After 1972 ... India's population of royal Bengal tigers and forest panthers has increased to DANGEROUSLY excessive levels . This is why the MOST human - wild life conflicts in the world ... Occur in India ( Especially around the areas of the wild life reserves ) . Even 4 days ago ... A man eating forest panther mauled a 3 year old little village boy to death . By BREAKING IN TO THE BOY'S HOME . Prior to 1972 ... The population of these brutes were kept in check ... By us licensed shikarees .

They actually DO NOT deal with the problem , Skinnersblade . They merely advise the locals to lock their doors and refrain from venturing out side , too much ( I am NOT joking . Although , I wish that I was ) . Occasionally , they ATTEMPT to tranquilize the brute and re locate it some where else . However , this ends ... Just as well , as you think it would . The man eater simply becomes another locality's problem . Since a man eating forest panther or royal Bengal tiger loses It's appetite for EVERYTHING ELSE , the moment that it acquires a taste for the flesh of man ... It shall NEVER cease to remain a threat to human life . The man eater shall go so far as to travel for MILES ... Just to attack and devour a single human being . The only solution to dealing with a man eater ... Is by ending it's life . After 1972 ... India's population of royal Bengal tigers and forest panthers has increased to DANGEROUSLY excessive levels . This is why the MOST human - wild life conflicts in the world ... Occur in India ( Especially around the areas of the wild life reserves ) . Even 4 days ago ... A man eating forest panther mauled a 3 year old little village boy to death . By BREAKING IN TO THE BOY'S HOME . Prior to 1972 ... The population of these brutes were kept in check ... By us licensed shikarees .

I'm sorry to hear that, although not surprised by there behaviour. Any religious organization that places the life of an animal above that of a child has no place in governance of a population.

@Major Khan what does Jim Corbett mean when he refers to “red tape” in India? I’ve often wondered if moved to Kenya out of respect, or if he was forced to in 1947.
He was indirectly forced to move out , Master Smith . Think of it this way :
He left , knowing that if he did not ... He would soon be given an extremely difficult time by the Indians . Thus , he chose to leave with his dignity intact .

Dear @Major Khan
Can you give more details, of how it came for Jim Corbett to move out from India?

Thanks!

What happened .... Master @Wyatt Smith and @mark-hunter ... Was that ( from 1947 , onwards ) the Indians were getting increasingly hostile towards the English ( And indeed ... All other Caucasian ) people , who had elected to remain behind in India ... Even after the 1947 Independence . Caucasians were becoming the victim's of countless hate crimes in a post 1947 India . Things eventually escalated until they reached their pinnacle in the early 1970s ... When Indira Gandhi's renegade government came to power .

" Red Tape " refers to how the Indians ( post 1947 ) were making discriminatory laws against the Caucasians ... Who were still living in India after 1947 .Mr . Corbett ( Being the insightful genius , that he was ) had the fore sight to predict how India's political climate was aggressively changing against Caucasians . Thus , he chose to do the dignified thing ... By leaving India on his own terms , with his head held high . Rather than be subjected to any future harassment .

This just goes on to show you what an ungrateful lot Indian politicians really are . This was a gentle man ( Jim Corbett ) who spent night after night , endlessly protecting entire villages full of Indian locals ... By hunting down man eating forest panthers and royal Bengal tigers . The amount of times , Mr. Corbett risked his own life ... To dispatch these man eaters , is uncountable . However , to the Indian politicians ... He was just another white man .

In modern times , a few Indian " Scholars " have gone so far as to write entire books about why ( They think that ) none of the royal Bengal tigers or forest panthers dispatched by Mr. Corbett ... were actually man eaters . They paint this heroic gentle man as a " White exploiter of the Indian people and an indiscriminate butcher of India's beautiful wild life " . Needless to say ... None of these so called " Scholars " have ever actually seen a royal Bengal tiger or a forest panther outside a cage .

That , gentle men ... Basically is only 1 of the hundreds of reasons , why I have come to despise India ( My birth country ) so much , over the years . An animal's life , in India ... Has much more value than a little girl's .

If a 70 year old man forcibly marries and rapes an 8 year old girl ... Then , no body will bat an eye lid . However , if a man shoots 1 pigeon for some game meat ... Then , everyone shall lynch the poor man to death .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg