Mark Biggerstaff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Ok guys. Decided to sell because of buying several CZ 550s in the past months and this will just collect dust in safe.

Winchester Model 70 Safari 416 Rem Mag.
Rifle is glass bedded, Timney trigger, mercury reducer, new Pachmyer recoil pad. Warne bases with Leupold PRW QD rings, Leupold VX5HD 2-10x42 CDS Firedot with custom turret for Federal Premium 416 Rem Mag 400 gr Swift Aframes. Comes with 50 factory rounds of Federal 400 gr Aframes. There is one small scratch I show in photos. Bought this new and set up in early 2019 for safari in June 2019. Used it to take my first Cape Buff with. Gun has about 100 rounds down barrel.
Gun shoots under 3/4 inch group with this factory load. I have shot it out to 250 yards and CDS is spot on.
$2600 shipped to FFL.
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_0469.JPG
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_0466.JPG
IMG_0465.JPG
IMG_3616.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve personally put eyes on this rifle. The pics don’t do it justice. It is a sweet DG rig..

I’ve personally put eyes on this rifle. The pics don’t do it justice. It is a sweet DG rig..

Thanks Dave. Thought I would use it this year or next, but with the big bore addiction and addition of a 458 Lott and a 500 Jeffery I just dont see using it again.

Shot a lot of buffalo and elephant within rifle ,very nice set up for a hunter.Solids side go through and through.400 gr. Barnes mono solid two buff and the bullet is still going.

Great rifle Mark!

Very handsome rifle, but an even better looking buffalo!

Gee thanks Mark. Just put the identical rig together 2 months ago. These are great rifles and scopes. Anyone looking at this set up it will be everything he says it is and Mark is a straight shooter.

I'll echo the other statements, nice looking rifle and good package deal!

Damn it.

I saw the ammo in the photos section and came over here immediately.
Thought it would be just the ammo for sale...damn it.

Wouldn't be the worst decision, buying the whole package deal.
Then I could turn around and sell the rifle and scope. (y)
Gonna have a hard time selling that idea to the Department of Finance. (n)

Sweet deal you have there.
Good luck with the sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg