For Sale Winchester Model 70 Safari 375 H&H Magnum

Scott Greaver

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Decided to sell this rifle as I am out of room in my safe and have another model 70 on the way that's more practical for hunting in North America. I took this to Africa last year and took several animals with it. It initially had a Kahles K16i on it, but I replaced it with the Meopta Meostar 1.7-10 as soon as I got home. That scope is absolutely perfect for that gun IMO. Glass is superb, 1.7x is low enough for both eyes open, illumination is bright, reticle is very functional for this setup, and 10X is enough to make longer shots. In total the gun has seen 56 rounds and is currently sighted in for the Barnes 300 grain VOR-TX (one box included with package). It's in great condition and I've taken very good care of it. There are some small nicks on the stock from the hunt (see pic). Due to cost of ammo ($4 per) and recoil I never really shot it for groups. However while sighting in the Meostar I took a pic of the first two shots and it's about .5" (pic). I can confidentially say it's sub MOA, and likely 3/4" all day long. Not too bad for a 375HH. It's also got the pre-64' controlled round feed with claw extractor.

Package includes
Model 70 Safari Express Part # 535204161
Meopta Meostar 1.7-10 BDC 3 Illuminated Part # 575670
Meopta Ballistic Turret (never installed) Part # 578970
Winchester Integral Scope base and Ring Set Part #62103
Barnes VOR-TX 300 Grain Copper ammo Part # 22014
All boxes, manuals etc included as well

Retail on all of these items total is over $3700

Selling for $2499 sighted in and ready to hunt

Located in Mt Pleasant, SC
No trades. I have plenty of pics and happy to answer any questions

Model 70 1.jpg
Model 70  2.jpg
Model 70  3.jpg
Model 70  4.jpg
Model 70  5.jpg
Model 70  6.jpg
Model 70  7.jpg
Model 70  8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Scott! Your post was edited. As per our posting guidelines:
It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system. Thank you, Jerome

These are nice rifles, I’ve got one in 416Rem and can’t fault it.

Rifle is sold, Scope and BHT are still for sale. MSRP on those two is $2030. $1249 for the two. Scope has had exactly 5 rounds of use and is in excellent condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross