For Sale Winchester Mod 70 375 H&H

The GunsInternational rifle is back. No mention of 1937, reduced by 3k. Item #101532182

@Mike Vieaux, I deleted your latest classified ad which re-listed this rifle again. I will be sending you a private message as well. Jerome

That kind of ignorance cannot go unrewarded. I sent him an email.....
I too was referring to the GI guy with the first year Win 70 that looks to be made yesterday. I was also referring to him in the post just deleted, not the member here Mike.

The GunsInternational rifle is back. No mention of 1937, reduced by 3k. Item #101532182
Unless that engraving is cut by an internationally known artist, this rifle should go for around $4000 to $6000 IMO.

It's certainly not going to sell for anything like the current price. I hadn't noticed he still said it was "first year" of production until sesestoppelman mentioned it. That he took "1937" out of the title suggests he knows that's off the mark.

Don’t you find it a little odd too that the original posting has the rifle sitting atop a Thompson Center box??

Yes, I did catch that T/C prop. I don't know the circumstance and it could be just coincidental, but it almost looked to me like the seller in the OP of this thread, either came upon or purchased a "lot" of guns- estate, collection or as an investment to resell- and is trying to turn them for some quick money in this age of gun buyng frenzy... but has no real knowledge of guns or values.

As to the Gunsinternational rifle- amazing how "slick" some sellers try to be. They do it by insinuation and/or omission. That Guns Intl listed rifle is nice for certain, but the seller is still trying to "hint" that it is an early gun because of the low serial number. Hah! It has a custom shop set aside serial number. A reliable Winchester source reports that in about 1990 Winchester set aside Serial range from G1 to G10000 to be used for custom shop rifles. The Guns Intl rifle is serialed G1772 so it is within the custom shop range and is a fairly late gun. Certainly a couple of years to a few years post 1990. I don't know the last G prefixed model 70 custom shop serial produced in the New Haven prior to the plant closing in 2005-6. So buyer beware! "You pays you money and you takes you chances" And sometimes it's simply the price of education. :)

Confusion seems to always follow Win 70s around because sometime after the 1968-69 G prefix addition, the factory had to reset and use some lower numbers where the numeric sequence was out of kilter with the calendar sequence. You can have a G prefix model 70 serialed rifle with a higher number that was actually built before a lower G prefixed serialed rifle. Much of the information/records for this period of production have been lost... so some at least has to be pieced together from memories of former Winchester empoyees.

Last edited:
Yes, I did catch that T/C prop. I don't know the circumstance and it could be just coincidental, but it almost looked to me like the seller in the OP of this thread, either came upon or purchased a "lot" of guns- estate, collection or as an investment to resell- and is trying to turn them for some quick money in this age of gun buyng frenzy... but has no real knowledge of guns or values.

As to the Gunsinternational rifle- amazing how "slick" some sellers try to be. They do it by insinuation and/or omission. That Guns Intl listed rifle is nice for certain, but the seller is still trying to "hint" that it is an early gun because of the low serial number. Hah! It has a custom shop set aside serial number. A reliable Winchester source reports that in about 1990 Winchester set aside Serial range from G1 to G10000 to be used for custom shop rifles. The Guns Intl rifle is serialed G1772 so it is within the custom shop range and is a fairly late gun. Certainly a couple of years to a few years post 1990. I don't know the last G prefixed model 70 custom shop serial produced in the New Haven prior to the plant closing in 2005-6. So buyer beware! "You pays you money and you takes you chances" And sometimes it's simply the price of education. :)

Confusion seems to always follow Win 70s around because sometime after the 1968-69 G prefix addition, the factory had to reset and use some lower numbers where the numeric sequence was out of kilter with the calendar sequence. You can have a G prefix model 70 serialed rifle with a higher number that was actually built before a lower G prefixed serialed rifle. Much of the information/records for this period of production have been lost... so some at least has to be pieced together from memories of former Winchester empoyees.
Confused and bewildered!

I think you hit the nail on the head with this particular seller.

What about the miriad of .416 bullets and stuff he’s selling here? Is it real or is it Memorex? Yeah, I know the younger members here won’t get that phrase/question.

What about the miriad of .416 bullets and stuff he’s selling here? Is it real or is it Memorex? Yeah, I know the younger members here won’t get that phrase/question.
If this guy is not an outright potential thief, he is definitely as goofy as a three dollar bill. I dealt with someone like this three years ago who had (to my knowledge) several nice rifles for sale, but didn't know anything about them. Just can't remember his screen name.

If this guy is not an outright potential thief, he is definitely as goofy as a three dollar bill. I dealt with someone like this three years ago who had (to my knowledge) several nice rifles for sale, but didn't know anything about them. Just can't remember his screen name.
Yeah, even his bullet sale is confusing? What’s in box #1? I know, the same thing in box #2? Who’s on first? What’s on second? Etc., etc. I’d be OUT!

As stated in an earlier post...I offered him the asking price and funds to get an FFL to ship the rifle to my FFL...now is where the plot thickens....

He told me that the only FFL’s in his area were Cabela‘s, Gander Mountain & Wal-Mart...furthermore he stated that these three were in fact the only businesses in WI allowed to sell firearms. I asked him to google search local FFL’s and low and behold he found one...then he asked me if he could just FedEx the rifle to me...Anyway in the end he acted like he was allergic to having the rifle shipped from a local FFL to my FFL. My next step was going to be calling the FFL he talked about and getting him to take possession of the rifle...examine it and me pay him (the FFL), and then him pay the seller...and then have it shipped to my FFL. Seller became unresponsive at that point.........would like to have got it bought, but something was way off with the whole deal......everyone can make up their owns minds about it.

As stated in an earlier post...I offered him the asking price and funds to get an FFL to ship the rifle to my FFL...now is where the plot thickens....

He told me that the only FFL’s in his area were Cabela‘s, Gander Mountain & Wal-Mart...furthermore he stated that these three were in fact the only businesses in WI allowed to sell firearms. I asked him to google search local FFL’s and low and behold he found one...then he asked me if he could just FedEx the rifle to me...Anyway in the end he acted like he was allergic to having the rifle shipped from a local FFL to my FFL. My next step was going to be calling the FFL he talked about and getting him to take possession of the rifle...examine it and me pay him (the FFL), and then him pay the seller...and then have it shipped to my FFL. Seller became unresponsive at that point.........would like to have got it bought, but something was way off with the whole deal......everyone can make up their owns minds about it.
Wow! BRIGHT RED FLAGS! Even with sunglasses on!

Wow! BRIGHT RED FLAGS! Even with sunglasses on!
After reading Salesman post where the OP stated he was in Wisconsin, it rang my bell also. Still can't remember his screen name, but he was in Wisconsin. I'm going to search backwards in the classifieds and see if I can find him from 3 years ago.

@sierraone Check out the posts started, he only has four. You had some discussions with him about a Ruger #1 in 416 back in 2018.

@sierraone Check out the posts started, he only has four. You had some discussions with him about a Ruger #1 in 416 back in 2018.
That is it. I owned two RSM .416s at that time and had sold a #1H .416 Rigby in June of 2017. I talked to him about the guns, but he had as little knowledge then as he does now. On top of that the RSM had a muzzle brake (magnaported) cut into the barrel which lessened its value IMO.

Last edited:
Didn't think I was young. I did google memorex lol. I do remember the casettes now, but didn't remember the Ad. Thanks :A Way To Go:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois