For Sale Winchester M70a 300wm Duracoated - Priced To Move (To Fund A Mauser Rehab!)

clockwork_7mm_gator

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Gents,

This was going to be a stock painting project, but then a Husky 9.3x62 came calling and took over. This is a push feed M70, 300wm, blind mag, synthetic stock (nice and stiff), metal is duracoated and coating is in good shape, bore is in very good shape, has iron sights, jeweled bolt, slick action. Will only ship to an FFL. USPSMO or Venmo, but given the issues with the mail lately, Venmo is much preferred and even discounted. Comes with bases attached. Low round count. The gent who sold it to me had owned it for many years as a backup gun for moose clients... sounds like it was only used very infrequently, which is probably why the duracoating is still in nice shape.

Will ship UPS with tracking and insurance for purchase price.

$365 USPSMO
$355 Venmo

Screenshot_2021-01-01-22-26-01-1.png
Screenshot_2021-01-01-22-26-04-1.png

I had one of these push feed 300 WMs. Killed several elk with it. Mine was a tack driver with 180 Nosler Partitions.

That is an exceptional deal! Heck yes, I'll plug it also. Excellent caliber. I just have too many rifles so no way need another or I'd be all over it. I know the debate about the CRFs vs PFs... however the rim engagement with the Win PF extractor is very positive, every bit the equal to the Sako extractor and unlike some Sakos, it does eject the case at the correct, lower angle. It is in the right side lug so the angle is proper and will not eject a case up into the scope or scope mount. The actions on those tend to be very smooth. They retain the original M70 trigger and the three position striker block safety, both the best ever designed for a hunting rifle, IMO. Occasionally the edges of the pocket plunger detents in the safety need to be smoothed as a few left the factory during that period with some milling burrs. Not a difficult job to disassemble the shroud/safety and hone those pocket edges if needed. I've had a PF Win 70 in a different caliber since 1971, hauled it all over the place, hunting in all types of cruddy conditions and never a hiccup. Correctly bedded and shooting good ammo, those tend to be as accurate as any factory rifle on the market. If the bore is good and barrel straight, excellent opportunity for anyone for hunting all PG and most all NA game with the bonus of being at a price point where a few honest hard hunting scratches and dings won't even matter much- not even severe damage or loss! But the way it usually works, for some reason, is the rifle with the $1000 timber is always the one taking a hit from a tumble in a rock pile on the side of some mountain. :)

Last edited:
CD has dibs based on his PM. If I don't hear back from him today Lee in Texas moves ahead. Thanks gents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you