For Sale Winchester 70 Safari Express 458 Winchester Magnum Unfired Made In USA

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
After some thought, and considering this may be a great Elephant rifle for my upcoming hunt, I've decided to keep this rifle. Also, I'll probably never come across a totally made in the USA Model 70, 458 again. So I think I'll hold on to this one for awhile. Thanks for looking!
But on second thought, my 416 will probably work just as well. So if anyone is interested in this rifle, I can probably be persuaded to sell it. ;)

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas

Wyatt Smith

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
People always talk about “classic” African rifle/calibers, like the 9.3, 404, 470 and so on. But for Americans, this is as classic as it gets.
The Winchester model 70 in 458 win mag has been probably been used on as many or more Big Five hunts than any other.

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Toby, when you said you might just keep this rifle for a while, you "ment" at least two weeks didn't you?? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LashayL279

Latest profile posts

Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
I have been looking at an option for a 505, that doesn't break the bank (that concern my have to yield), and is more in the 50-110, or 50 Alaskan range. However not easy to find a case, other than the Weatherby, of course. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
Hello, do you have any information on your 505 SRE cartridge. Up here in Canada, there is talk about how the various 500s may exceed the 10 000 Joule limit recently imposed. Not that they do on paper, but you never know what they may infer or claim.
Eastern Cape Hunting Report Coming soon...

IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_2066.JPG
IMG_2583.JPG
Jaynecobb wrote on cal pappas's profile.
I hate to bother you....I own 2 of your books including British bore rifle. I was hoping you might have more 10 bore loads. For the heavier and later rifles. Any help would be appreciated.
Gert Odendaal wrote on Av8or's profile.
Good day , Do you still have .375 H&H Magnum brass available to sell?