For Sale Winchester 70 Safari Express 458 Winchester Magnum Unfired Made In USA

Well....the rifle has been fired. 7 times to be exact. Brings back memories of why I swapped over to 416 caliber and below. Lol! She feeds, fires and functions flawlessly! I only shot it with iron sights, and was able to put 3 shots touching in the black at 25 yards. I put the rifle action in a spare Mcmillan stock that I have laying around, so as not to scratch up the factory wood stock, so everything remains very close to like new.
That said, in all seriousness, I think I'm still going to sell the rifle. The more I think about it, I'm so far invested in my 416 Rem Mag, as far as ammo and loading components are concerned, I think I will just stick with that going forward. I've already done the load development for it and don't really see the need for more tinkering with a different rifle and caliber for my upcoming Elephant hunt.
I realize my price was a little lofty to begin with, so I'll take $1600.00 shipped to lower 47. No California sales, and extra shipping to AK.
If anyone is interested, I'll throw in a McMillan stock that is also in excellent condition for an additional $425.00 shipped. Color is Olive Green. LOP 13.5".
I also have 458 Win Mag dies, brass and bullets available if interested.
I've also listed this on Gunbroker, so I'll try to honor first come first serve here, unless it sells on GB first

Thanks!

Last edited:
Well....the rifle has been fired. 7 times to be exact. Brings back memories of why I swapped over to 416 caliber and below. Lol! She feeds, fires and functions flawlessly! I only shot it with iron sights, and was able to put 3 shots touching in the black at 25 yards. I put the rifle action in a spare Mcmillan stock that I have laying around, so as not to scratch up the factory wood stock, so everything remains very close to like new.
That said, in all seriousness, I think I'm still going to sell the rifle. The more I think about it, I'm so far invested in my 416 Rem Mag, as far as ammo and loading components are concerned, I think I will just stick with that going forward. I've already done the load development for it and don't really see the need for more tinkering with a different rifle and caliber for my upcoming Elephant hunt.
I realize my price was a little lofty to begin with, so I'll take $1600.00 shipped to lower 47. No California sales, and extra shipping to AK.
If anyone is interested, I'll throw in a McMillan stock that is also in excellent condition for an additional $425.00 shipped. Color is Olive Green. LOP 13.5".
I've also listed this on Gunbroker, so I'll try to honor first come first serve here, unless it sells on GB first

Thanks!
Put a solid through an old Chevy engine block and post the results.

Nice looking rifle! I have one just like it that I’m thinking about selling or trading for something different but kind of hate to get rid of it, you never know when SW Missouri is going to get overrun with elephants, water buffalo or other large animals so I feel like I need to keep it. Lol! Mine has a Nikon 2.5 – 10 x 40 Matte BDC Pro-staff 5 Scope, Weaver Base & Rings and about 100 Rounds of Federal Fusion Safari 500 Grain Shells. Super clean gun and I think it’s been shot 20 times or less. Fun one to shoot!! Glad I came across this site!

Thanks!
Toby with that kind of performance, you could hunt elephant with that gun as is! Open sighted. Although with all the guns you've bought and sold..... I'm not sure why you don't get a double;)

Toby with that kind of performance, you could hunt elephant with that gun as is! Open sighted. Although with all the guns you've bought and sold..... I'm not sure why you don't get a double;)
I ended up not selling the 458. It's in the very short running for my elephant hunt for sure. I cut the barrel down to 21 1/4" and have since shot it quite a bit. Glad I kept it!

I ended up not selling the 458. It's in the very short running for my elephant hunt for sure. I cut the barrel down to 21 1/4" and have since shot it quite a bit. Glad I kept it!
Just curious as to what bullet you will/would use hunting elephant with your .458? I'm guessing a CEB of some sort?

Well I didn’t end up shooting an elephant but the Norma ph 500 grain solids I had were good enough the ph was comfortable with them and wanted to get some for elephant.

“ I should state I own a model 70 in 458 win mag”

Just curious as to what bullet you will/would use hunting elephant with your .458? I'm guessing a CEB of some sort?
I plan to use CEB 450gr Solids for Elephant and Hippo on land. Thinking Barnes 450gr TSX for Buffalo and other game. And that's with 458 Win Mag or Lott.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,