TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
For Sale.
Made in New Haven CT. In excellent condition. Appears to have been shot very little. Feeds and functions flawlessly. Rifling is pristine. Overall a very clean rifle.
Price $1050.00 plus shipping to lower 47. Extra shipping to AK. No sales to California.
20200323_192505.jpg
20200323_192558.jpg
20200323_192542.jpg
20200323_192753.jpg

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
And the Auction begins now!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Here is the thing folks. When Toby tells you a rifle hasn’t been fired much he isn’t kidding. He gets them either new from the store and shoots a couple of rounds through the barrel or from some old millionaire who bought the gun and put it in the safe for ten years. Anyway he sold me one gun which was just what he said it would be. Then he sold the other one I wanted to somebody else down in Georgia.....and I don’t think he even shot that one.

Scott CWO

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
Would make a great bear rifle for Alaska! Or even a rain forest rifle for bongo.

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Here is the thing folks. When Toby tells you a rifle hasn’t been fired much he isn’t kidding. He gets them either new from the store and shoots a couple of rounds through the barrel or from some old millionaire who bought the gun and put it in the safe for ten years. Anyway he sold me one gun which was just what he said it would be. Then he sold the other one I wanted to somebody else down in Georgia.....and I don’t think he even shot that one.
I guess I should've been a horse trader! But then again.....horse traders probably actually make money on their trades.....

Milo

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, Safari Club International, Alaska Waterfowl Association
Hunted
Alaska, Canada, USA, New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina

Mark R

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
I would love to find one in Oz to purchase. Good luck with the sale Toby.

Velo Dog

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member.
Hunted
Africa 5 times, USA - most western states including Alaska and Hawaii.
Would make a great bear rifle for Alaska! Or even a rain forest rifle for bongo.

These stainless CRF, plastic stocked model 70’s in .375 H&H are difficult to find here in Alaska, probably because anyone who has one will never sell it.
Once in a blue moon when you see one for sale here, it always sells immediately (and fetches a painfully high price).

mdwest

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
These stainless CRF, plastic stocked model 70’s in .375 H&H are difficult to find here in Alaska, probably because anyone who has one will never sell it.

The one I have here in Texas will likely never get sold either :)

Awesome rifle... I absolutely love mine..

vette447

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, DSC
Hunted
USA (AK,CO,NM,WY,TX,KS,OK), Namibia, South Africa, Argentina, France
Agree. I took mine and put a banded hooded front sight on it and dropped it in a McMillan Safari stock. Then I took it to AK and got a massive brown bear with it. What a sweet rig. I can’t see myself ever selling it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesGaw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.