For Sale Western Field 720B EHM 308 Caliber

RogerED

Reaction score
Media
NO LONGER FOR SALE

*Old school craftsmanship - 308 WIN*
*"MADE IN WEST-GERMANY" by Heym*
*Asking $600.00 plus shipping with the scope*
Ships from North Texas to your FFL (in most 2a friendly USA states)

Click the picture to enlarge/downsize . . .

mYkhhb3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I recall Western Field was the badge name for Montgomery Wards catalog sales. We used to call them "Monkey Wards". Nice rifle.

Yes, you are correct. I worked at MW, KCMO in the sporting goods dept back in the mid 60's and remember seeing this specific model rifle in 308 only - the 270 and 30.06 were FN Supreme actions . . .

Last edited:
RogerD, I’m assuming that was the one near the Trinity River in Fort Worth, TX? I bought a 6” S&W Highway Patrolman there.
Those were very nice rifles as I remember fondling and drooling over one.

Ummm, it was MW's main store and warehouse in Kansas City Mo - I worked for MW about a year before moving on . . . I really, really wanted one but couldn't afford it . . .

Used to see the Heym 308s and FN 270/30.06s Western Fields rifles often, usually beat up - not so much now in any condition.

Last edited:
Hello, do you know if the action was made by Heym?

I don't recall if it's marked (as FN's are) - I will pull it to see if it's stamped. Barrell is marked as you can see and when I researched, found the "720B EHM" was attributed to Heym . . .

If anyone knows for sure, please chime in

Last edited:
Mmmm, action has German proof Mark's, 24" barrell has "FW Heym" stamp & German proof Mark's- I believe it's a Heym through & through.

The barrell shoulder in the action has the traditional model 98 "C" rail cut. Heym has been in business over 150 years according to their website . . .
c9fffLO_d.jpg

Attachments

• c9fffLO_d.jpg
    c9fffLO_d.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Price drop . . .
$550.00 for the rifle only (no scope), shipped to your FFL (in most 2A friendly states)

*Old school craftsmanship - 308 WIN*
*"MADE IN WEST-GERMANY" by Heym*
*Asking $600.00 plus shipping with the scope*
Ships from North Texas to your FFL (in most 2a friendly USA states)

Click the picture to enlarge/downsize . . .

View attachment 325310

How is this still here!!?? If I hadn't just blown all of my money on my 375 I'd be all over this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.