For Sale Weatherby Mark V .300 Japan With WBY Scope

Thomas G. Vogt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Mark V .300 WBY Mag, Southgate Calif. Made in Japan
serial # H131xxx, 1983-1984?, 26" Barrel

Metal is 99% but does show a small rub mark in the Blue on the top of the barrel about 4 inches back from the muzzle. You have to look closely to see it. I couldn't find pictures of the crowns on any other rifles so I don't know if they were Blued. This rifle has some Blue wear at the end of the barrel and the crown is in the white. The close up pictures show this. The remainder of the 26" barrel, receiver, and bottom metal are 99+% with no scratches or rub marks. The bore is perfect.
The wood is in excellent condition with sharp checkering and no scratches or rub marks. There are a few small pressure dings (1/4" or smaller) in the stock, probably from going in and out of the packed safe it was stored in. The close up pictures will show them but with the factory high gloss finish they are tough to see.

Topped with a WBY Supreme 3 x 9 scope in unmarked rings and mounts. They look like Leupold or Redfield but are not marked with their logo.. The rear mount screws look as though the previous owner was in a bit of a hurry as the slots show Blue wear and some buggering. The scope itself is perfect in and out with what I would call a heavy duplex.

Overall an honest 98%-99% rifle that has been used but not abused. I will send the Imgur link with all the pictures to any interested parties. You have the 3 day non firing inspection period.
$1,550.00
MO or personal check, I will ship when funds clear my bank.
Price is plus USPS Priority Shipping/Ins. to your FFL who must be willing to accept from a non licensee.
IMG_5725.JPG

Last edited:
Great looking Mk V. Good luck on the sale.

Weatherby had some really nice wood sourced back in the 80s.

Some of those rifles I sold back in the day at Herter's were absolutely drop-dead gorgeous.

Weatherby had some really nice wood sourced back in the 80s.

Some of those rifles I sold back in the day at Herter's were absolutely drop-dead gorgeous.

Yes sir, you are absolutely correct! It seems that the best looking Weatherby Mark Vs were those built in Japan, they had the best wood and the most beautiful bluing too. I have several Japanese Weatherby Mark Vs, and they are beautiful. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiloHardem

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross