For Sale South Africa Safari

ltsheets

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello everyone. One of my friends who was set to go on a safari next year is now unable to go and has already paid his deposit. Currently there is definitely 1 spot available as another friend is considering the 2nd opening. If he can't do it there will be 2 openings. This hunt was an RMEF donated hunt that I won in the action in March. The details are below...

Each spot costs $600. This $600 includes...
- 10 days, 2 travel and 8 hunting
- 1 Common Springbuck
- 1 Common Blesbuck
- Room
- Food
- Open bar
- Travel to and from Port Elisabeth
- Field care of your animals

The dates of this hunt are 11-20 July.

Please feel free to ask any questions and I will post if/when that second spot opens up. The link below is who we will be hunting with.

http://www.capeafricanhunting.co.za/page/richard_holmes_safaris_cape_african_hunting

Reactions: jpg
That's a deal for $600

The trophy fees seem to be pretty reasonable. Big consideration if you are hunting 10 days...... Bruce

I agree Bruce. With the 2 included animals I think I'm gonna be taking 7 animals or so for about 4k to include Kudu.

Be sure to read the fine print on the auction. It is becoming the practice more and more that outfitters who donate hunts like this stipulate that only the auction winner(s) can take the hunt. The reason for this is some auction winners get hunts so cheap they resell them at a profit. That's neither fair to the organization that got the donation nor the outfitter who donated it.

To be clear I'm not suggesting that is what is going on here, just wanting to make sure no one ends up in a mess.

Is this 1x1 or 2x1?

To be honest I'm not sure bc the whole time I was doing most of my hunting with my buddy Davis who's going. I can ask but the outfitter told me this morning he's gonna be out of the office for about a week.

The trophy fees seem to be pretty reasonable. Big consideration if you are hunting 10 days...... Bruce

I agree.
There are a few conditions (quota booking and different concession prices) that give me pause.

To be honest I'm not sure bc the whole time I was doing most of my hunting with my buddy Davis who's going. I can ask but the outfitter told me this morning he's gonna be out of the office for about a week.

This will be important for a buyer for sure.

I have already asked the owner Richard if we could try and sell those 2 spots to help my buddy who can't go now due to a divorce.

Be sure to read the fine print on the auction. It is becoming the practice more and more that outfitters who donate hunts like this stipulate that only the auction winner(s) can take the hunt. The reason for this is some auction winners get hunts so cheap they resell them at a profit. That's neither fair to the organization that got the donation nor the outfitter who donated it.

To be clear I'm not suggesting that is what is going on here, just wanting to make sure no one ends up in a mess.

Is whiskey included ?

Little confused now.....600$ deposit or full package?

$600 was the cost per person after the auction and with that, everything listed in the original post is included with that $600. So in essence it's the cost of the package and it's the deposit.

What questions do you have that give u pause??

They are up front about this in their price list on the website.

"Trophy fees for the below game species are subject to LIMITED quotas, permits/licences and bookings at our concessions. To avoid disappointment for a hunt date on the concessions it is NECESSARY to book these species below at least 3 MONTHS before your safari !!"

Some of the critters you have to book: Kudu, Nyala and Waterbuck
What is involved in booking? Pay up front?

"Sometimes it may be that the trophy fee is higher on certain other landowners hunting concessions, on certain species, but the choice to hunt on such concession areas rests with the hunter, if we are out of quota on our property."
I personally don't like surprises and this appears to create the potential for a surprise.
(Can all be confirmed before anyone leaves home or books anything?)

Other Conditions from the website

"Donated Hunts

Once a hunt is booked and a payment is made the hunt can be transferred to other hunters with prior approval of the outfitter. All donated hunts require a $1,000 booking fee, which will be used towards trophy fees on the safari. The booking fee is only due if specified on the donation form, to hold a date, or some firm commitment to the booked date (like paid for air tickets) is required.

Date Changes & Cancellations

No monies paid are refundable, except under the following conditions.

• In the case of date changes for reasons other than death or serious illness above, 25% of the whole quoted safari cost will be added to change a booked date.
  • In the case of a donated hunt a $1,000 booking fee is required to book a new date. The initial booking fee will be forfeited.
  • Richard Holmes Safaris and their representatives are not responsible for finding alternative hunters for booked hunts."

Ok that's a lot to answer in one post but I'll answer what I can. Some I'm not sure on.

For the trophy animals he wants you to tell him by 3 months out which ones you'd like to harvest so he can manage the population accordingly. I'm pretty sure this does not include paying in advance based on my conversations with him.

Regarding sometimes fees being higher I believe if you ask him at the 3 month point, he should know whether it will be available on one of his consessions at the listed price or if you will have to go to another that is slightly higher.

My understanding regarding hunt transfer is that if I find someone to take the 2 spots, all he requires is the contract signed and proof of airfare purchase by the end of Jan. He did not mention anything of more money being paid unless you are bringing more than the 2 donated hunt positions.

I hope this helps.

For what it's worth, the guy that can't go now did this exact hunt back in 2011 and said everything was great and was very excited to go back to the same outfit.

Also wanted to add that we are selling the spots for exactly what we paid per person. There is no attempt here to gain a profit and we have the blessing of the outfitter to try and fill the spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you