For Sale Sako Brown Bear 416 Rigby With Extras

@TOBY458 If you lived in the UK I would just wait to see what you are selling before I go to the gun shop. I just cant wait to see what your getting now. Must be something amazing. A double perhaps??!

Toby @TOBY458 just a question and also for other sako 85 owners...do you find the length of the stock a bit short compared to other gun companies standard stock length...have a black bear and like it but with it and other ones I have picked up I find them a little bit short ...and I am not above average height...

Toby @TOBY458 just a question and also for other sako 85 owners...do you find the length of the stock a bit short compared to other gun companies standard stock length...have a black bear and like it but with it and other ones I have picked up I find them a little bit short ...and I am not above average height...
They're about standard for American rifles. Most of our rifles come around 13.5". I definitely prefer a longer LOP of around 14" or so. I think the Sakos run around 13 5/8".

I find the length of pull similar to most rifles, but I really like the stock design. At least with my 300 and 375 with the grey laminate stock the grip is thicker than a lot of other rifles and I really like that.
Interestingly when I read your post, my first thought was how short kimber stocks feel to me. I looked them up they are 13.6-13.75” Sako lengths of pull are 14”

I prefer a length of pull that measures 13.5 on my rifles. I can't remember exactly what my Sako Brown Bear in .375 started out at but it wasn't much longer. It was easy enough to get the 13.5 by removing a little bit of the factory pad. If it were a larger caliber I would want a bit more recoil pad. Those recoil pads are mounted not just with a couple of screws but some serious glue.

thumbnail_20201008_081220.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
7x57 or 9.3x62
If its a Rigby your after stick with a classic Rigby round. The 275 Rigby (7x57) perfect little round and loaded right can do a heck of a lot.
I have to admit I keep playing with the idea of a 500 Jeffery. But having never shot one I dont know what it will be like and we dont have a try before you buy system in the UK

If its a Rigby your after stick with a classic Rigby round. The 275 Rigby (7x57) perfect little round and loaded right can do a heck of a lot.
I have to admit I keep playing with the idea of a 500 Jeffery. But having never shot one I dont know what it will be like and we dont have a try before you buy system in the UK
I totally agree with the 275 Rigby being the most "appropriate" round for the HS. However, I have a hard time wrapping my head around not buying it in a large enough caliber for Buffalo. The 9.3 would be as close as I could get in that particular rifle. Otherwise you have to step up to the much larger and heavier 416 Rigby Big Game Rifle. Something I'm trying to avoid by choosing the HS.
I agree the 500 Jeffery would probably be quite exhilarating to shoot! But I would definitely want to shoot one first before laying down the coins.

I totally agree with the 275 Rigby being the most "appropriate" round for the HS. However, I have a hard time wrapping my head around not buying it in a large enough caliber for Buffalo. The 9.3 would be as close as I could get in that particular rifle. Otherwise you have to step up to the much larger and heavier 416 Rigby Big Game Rifle. Something I'm trying to avoid by choosing the HS.
I agree the 500 Jeffery would probably be quite exhilarating to shoot! But I would definitely want to shoot one first before laying down the coins.
9.3 for buff is like bringing a good sized knife to a gunfight if you ask me. It might do the job but I would still want a gun in that fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg