For Sale Sako Brown Bear 416 Rigby With Extras

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Ok guys. I've got wondering eyes, and need to move a rifle or two to finance a new project. (Details later). So I've decided to part with this Sako Brown Bear 416 Rigby.

I bought this rifle new only a few weeks ago. I've fired it approximately 25 times to get a feel for the rifle and to zero the iron sights. Have not mounted a scope, so that's as far as I've gone.
Feeds and functions perfectly. Very smooth action.
22" Barrel
Laminated Stock.
Glass bedded at the factory.
4 round magazine with hinged floorplate.
Includes factory box and all paperwork.
Excellent condition.
These are currently selling for $2598.00 plus tax and shipping on Gunbroker.

Also available.
Lyman 416 Rigby Dies. With Shellholder.
23- Hornady DGX Bonded Factory loads.
37- Hornady Brass Cases.

Asking $2500 shipped to Lower 48 for the rifle only.
$2700 shipped for rifle and extras.
20200821_144642.jpg
20200821_144710.jpg
20200821_144750.jpg
20200821_144817.jpg
20200821_144834.jpg

Congrats to the buyer and seller! Not a Sako owner, but might be some day. But, I’m confused (easily) between the Sako models, I.e. Gray Wolf, Black bear, Brown bear, etc. Maybe out of boredom, someone could explain? Thanks!

Only have one that is a true keeper as it has my initials as part of the serial number rest are fair game lol

Toby, Toby, Toby........

Congrats to the buyer and seller! Not a Sako owner, but might be some day. But, I’m confused (easily) between the Sako models, I.e. Gray Wolf, Black bear, Brown bear, etc. Maybe out of boredom, someone could explain? Thanks!
Sako just makes names up for their rifles. Grey wolf because the stock is greyish in color. Brown bear because of the brown laminate. Black bear because of the black synthetic stock. (I guess).
They have also had rifles with names like Finnbear and Finnwolf in the past.

They are all same action, names are just different stock/blued or stainless configurations. This is only model that’s slightly different because of the large calibers and also a hinged floor plate instead of a detachable magazine. Sako have become my favorite rifles 1. Because they fit me well but 2. I think they have the best factory tiggers available (same triggers as Tikka). I take all mine as low as they will go at 2 1/8 lbs.

Sako just makes names up for their rifles. Grey wolf because the stock is greyish in color. Brown bear because of the brown laminate. Black bear because of the black synthetic stock. (I guess).
They have also had rifles with names like Finnbear and Finnwolf in the past.
Thanks for the explanation!

They are all same action, names are just different stock/blued or stainless configurations. This is only model that’s slightly different because of the large calibers and also a hinged floor plate instead of a detachable magazine. Sako have become my favorite rifles 1. Because they fit me well but 2. I think they have the best factory tiggers available (same triggers as Tikka). I take all mine as low as they will go at 2 1/8 lbs.
Thank you too for the explanation! I guess I didn’t realize the Sakos in the smaller calibers have detachable magazines, which I really like. My Browning A Bolt and Remington 700 SPS have DMs.

Thank you too for the explanation! I guess I didn’t realize the Sakos in the smaller calibers have detachable magazines, which I really like. My Browning A Bolt and Remington 700 SPS have DMs.
In all their other models everything up through 375 have detachable magazines. They have a good design, all steel including the release. You have to apply inward pressure on the magazine to release it, so there will never be an accidental release.

For any future buyers, everything arrived as described. Communication was good and Toby got everything shipped out right away. Good buying experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg