For Sale Sako AV Fiberclass 416 Rem Mag

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Unfired in the factory box. These were made around 1989-1990. Came from the factory with a McMillan fiberglass stock. Hence the "Fiberclass" designation. Very few of these were made. The person I bought it from, purchased it from a collection, and he said it is unfired, and from everything I can see, I believe this is the case. The rifle is in pristine condition, other than a very small scratch on the floorplate, and a small scratch around the front action screw, that looks like someone slipped when they were tightening the screw. I assume this happened when Sako sent the rifle to be stocked by McMillan. See pictures.
Holds 4 rounds in the magazine, and feeds very well. It also ejects very well, as this is the older style action with the ejector on the left side, instead of the bottom of the bolt. Has the very sturdy Sako extractor.
Weight 8lbs 4oz.
Barrel length 24.5".
Very close to going back to 1989 and buying it brand new!

$2150.00 plus shipping to lower 48. No California sales.

I also have a brand new set of Sako Optilock rings that I'll throw in for $125.00. And a Leupold VX Freedom 1.5-5×20 scope that is brand new in the box, for $275.00

Pics...

20220110_215341.jpg
20220110_215400.jpg
20220110_215505.jpg
20220110_215443.jpg
20220119_173334.jpg
20220119_173410.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn’t I just see this rifle 12 days ago? Stop the temptation! :giggle:
It’s nice to see “Sale Island” back in business though.
Nice rifle!
Well....yes. Yes you did! But my Kimber 458 Lott and 375, my Winchester 458 and 416, and my Sako 375 kicked it out of the safe! Haha!
I bought this rifle recently, but I came to the conclusion I always come to. And that is, I have too many rifles that do the same thing. Plus it makes it harder to choose one over the other!
This rifle being unfired, made me hate to shoot it and ruin it for someone else, as I know I probably wouldn't keep it either way. So someone else can be the first to fire!

Oh Toby, another one of your fine rifles for sale. Someone here should buy it now! I'm also happy to see your kitchen again, as it's been awhile. I thought maybe you had moved?

Beauty of a rifle you have there @TOBY458. Perfect timing with the African hunting season coming up too. A total package that is DG ready for under $2.6K, not gonna find a deal like this often. Wish I had the coin to take it off your hands so I could flip it. ;)

The real question is what did you get that is taking its place?

Beauty of a rifle you have there @TOBY458. Perfect timing with the African hunting season coming up too. A total package that is DG ready for under $2.6K, not gonna find a deal like this often. Wish I had the coin to take it off your hands so I could flip it. ;)

The real question is what did you get that is taking its place?
Thanks @BeeMaa ! Well....ya just neva know! :A Tease:

I was waiting to see your kitchen again mate :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: @TOBY458 this package shouldn't hang around long esp with the world opening up and hunts happening.

Well.....I fondled this one tonight, and since no one seems very excited to jump on this great deal, I think I may just keep it for my collection. I'll never find one of these in this nice of a condition again. Hard to believe something made in 1989-1990 can still be this close to new. Plus very few were made in 416.

IMO - You have made a wise decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.