For Sale Sabatti Unused .416 Rigby Rimless The Big Five Classic Safari

Odinsraven

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Membe,Icelandic Hunting Club SKOTVIS , BASC (UK) Countryside Alliance (UK)r
Hunted
UK ,Ireland, Bulgaria,Iceland,Czech Republic
I have a Sabatti 416 Rigby - check the photos out - can easily ship to Europe or USA - indeed worldwide is possible -

Price Delivered - UK or USA 6500 USD ! Europe would need to check import tax / duty ! Rare calibre for a double but what is better than one 416 Rigby - two !

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Barrel length, weight, extractors or ejectors, have you shot it and if so how does it group?

Has it been regulated by anyone? If so, any targets to show regulation?

Fantastic photos, beautiful rifle. Looks like Westley Richards photos.

No one will buy this until regulation questions are answered. Yes it is both beautiful and a great price. But if it does not regulate then that can be an expensive problem

I
I have a Sabatti 416 Rigby - check the photos out - can easily ship to Europe or USA - indeed worldwide is possible -

Price Delivered - UK or USA 6500 USD ! Europe would need to check import tax / duty ! Rare calibre for a double but what is better than one 416 Rigby - two !

View attachment 437837View attachment 437838View attachment 437839View attachment 437840View attachment 437841View attachment 437842View attachment 437843View attachment 437844View attachment 437845
I am literally drooling over my keyboard; is there something wrong with me?

I

I am literally drooling over my keyboard; is there something wrong with me?
Yes there is if the rifle is not regulated. You have not seen ugly but it will come with an unregulated rifle. The seller of this rifle has already been called out about regulation but has not responded hoping someone inexperienced with DR will jump on this. Don’t do it

Sabatti factory specs on the rifle are available on their website. They regulate this rifle with Hornady DG ammunition.

@Odinsraven how about a picture of the rifle sitting on top of newspaper from this weekend?

Agree with @BeeMaa that some photos to demonstrate it is in your possession is needed. I would also suggest that you post photos of the muzzles for inspection. Some early sabatti’s were regulated with muzzle grinding as a short cut. If they received this hasty treatment bores will look oblong instead of circular or have rifling that looks missing to the end of the crown. That problem may not be evident from a regulation target alone, as regulation could be achieved but at the cost of the stability of the bullet. That is a very difficult problem to fix and as far as I know only one person (Ken Owens) in the U.S. would take that project on and not sure he is even doing new work. This is the quick summary of the major issue with these. Notwithstanding that, there are plenty of other personal opinions on both sides of the aisle regarding the overall build quality of Sabatti doubles. Search this forum and you will find plenty of reading material to make your own decision. I am not posting to discourage anyone from buying if all checks out. I own the same rifle in 450 NE and have been happy with it, at least as a shooter. I cannot comment on longevity and it’s ability to withstand hard use in the field. Hope this information helps someone.

The pictures look to be taken from a Holts catalog...

I dealt with Odinsraven in 2016. I made an offer on a high end M70 he had for sale. We could never agree on price so the deal fell through. I own one double but am not an expert, but do agree with some of you that regulation is everything and @Odinsraven needs to prove it in some manner for a potential buyer.

Is this rifle still available.
I'd exercise extreme caution with this one. The OP has not responded to any post asking to prove he is in actual possession of the firearm.

I'd exercise extreme caution with this one. The OP has not responded to any post asking to prove he is in actual possession of the firearm.
He must know that his profile shows him as active many times since these questions were asked and that he was online here as recent as yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sports0266

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg