For Sale Ruger No1 Barreled Action 9.3X74R (Satire)

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
For Sale.
Slightly used, but never abused Ruger No 1 barrelled action in the legendary 9.3x74r caliber.
The only flaw I can find is it appears to have endured some rather long firing sessions which may or may not have heated up the barrel a bit. However, rifling still seems sharp and crisp.
The trigger and action components operate very smoothly, other than a slight "gritty" sensation when opening the lever. (Could just need a good oiling).
It appears to have had a "rust bluing" or "Color Case Hardening" process done to it, but Doug Turnbull declined to varify the origin of this finely executed finish.
Finally, the barrel has a custom "bend" to it. We're guessing this is for gaining a "lead" on running game. You just have to make sure the game is running to your left.
Overall, I would rate this fine barrelled action as at least an NRA A+++ rating. This is a solid, custom, take it to Africa and have money left over for the second Buffalo, kind of rifle. We know of no hotter item on the market.
Buy with confidence.
$1,000,000.00

20201119_163733.jpg
20201119_163755.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

habituallinestepper

Reaction score
But imagine the terminal ballistics if you successfully led an animal running left to right. Basically like shooting a 950g bullet.

deepwater

AH member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the wry "head shaking" humor.
I did see an ad on gunbroker of a barreled action that resulted from a forest fire, either from California or Oregon. Looked about like this one.

TOBY458

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I enjoyed the wry "head shaking" humor.
I did see an ad on gunbroker of a barreled action that resulted from a forest fire, either from California or Oregon. Looked about like this one.
I'm appalled that you would imply that this barreled action is somehow compromised. We only sell the finest quality firearms.

deepwater

AH member
Reaction score
I'm appalled that you would imply that this barreled action is somehow compromised. We only sell the finest quality firearms.
On the contrary. This Ruger No.1 has undergone a unique post production heat treatment technology that has been approximately 150 years in the making. Never before in the history of mankind have so many subtleties of nature, science and artistry culminated in the level of firearms you so proudly represent and stake your name on. I applaud you and your entire family, Mr. Acme.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Looks to be suffering from Peyronies disease. Oh bad luck.

PARA45

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa, Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
My God, you are killing me with those scorcher sales.

Randy F

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US and South Africa
I told my wife I got a hot tip on a rifle. We had a heated conversation about me burning through the checkbook at a blistering pace for firearms. She’s really steamed. My brain is fried. I guess I’ll have to pass on this great deal. Thanks anyway.

CoElkHunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Toby,
I've seen this masterpiece before. It was in some guys house in Central California when one of the big fires destroyed his home. I saw it for sale on GB. One of the fine Ruger #1 rifle collectors here should buy it. Forrest!!!
CEH

Zambezi

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia
If you pay for the shipping to SA I'll take it! I really think I'm doing you in but if your price of $1,000,000.00 (Zim $ circa 2010) still stands I'll take it1

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY, Canada (Yukon)
Just a guess, but I think some prankster might have switched your Rem Oil wipes for Chlorox wipes. The good news is, nobody will get COVID from that firearm.

1605901843520.png

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, Texas Trophy Hunters, Trout Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA & RSA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SidneyIva5

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver