For Sale Ruger No1 300 H&H & 450/400

Dang, if I didnt have the rent, car payments, doctor bills, taxes to pay, safari's to plan, guns to build, boats to repair, and on and on and on etc etc etc.,,, why I would be on this like fly on stink!!

Oh and good price, how much?!

DANG!
Ha! Just for the airfare alone in baggage class for your next Safari, you could buy either rifle AND half a dozen boxes of factory ammo!

Ha! Just for the airfare alone in baggage class for your next Safari, you could buy either rifle AND half a dozen boxes of factory ammo!
and a partridge in a pear tree!
Wonder if I could take an M1 Garand to Africa? Just bought two of them! Both Winchesters!
If it werent for that I could have bought both Toby's rifles and had enough left over to get my hair blow dried! Ha!

Last edited:
and a partridge in a pear tree!
Wonder if I could take an M1 Garand to Africa? Just bought two of them! Both Winchesters!
If it werent for that I could have bought both Tody's rifles and had enough left over to get my hair blow dried! Ha!
I'm sure you could bring at least one? Have it chambered in .458WM so it won't be a military cartridge. Just claim it as a "curio/relic" rifle on the 4457? Oh, and OF COURSE, they had to be BOTH Winchesters. I'm jealous!

I’ve owned three or four Ruger number ones in 375 H&H. have kept a 450/400 longer than any of them. They are easier to carry around, because they are not as muzzle heavy and a smidge lighter overall. That is if they have the lighter of the two barrel contours, which this one does. It’s not a car axle like the 458. It’s a much handy rifle to carry. And believe it or not, the recoil is a little more pleasant. Less snappy. I have one of the 300 H&H rifles as well. Those two rifles, along with a 7 x 57 RSI are the three rifles I will never sell. They are all accurate, but especially the 7 x 57 and 300 H&H. I’ve hunted with that rifle in both New Zealand and Africa. And with one of these enriches the experience.

I'm sure you could bring at least one? Have it chambered in .458WM so it won't be a military cartridge. Just claim it as a "curio/relic" rifle on the 4457? Oh, and OF COURSE, they had to be BOTH Winchesters. I'm jealous!
Thats what it says on my passport, "curio/relic"!

I just bought ANOTHER Blaser R8 Professional with 7mm Rem Mag, and 375 H&H barrel this week. So I need to make a little room in the safe!
Ahhhh...the plot thickens. Back to Blaser and the Dark Side for you.

Well at least a Jaeger Safari...

Who has hunted a buff or an ele with a Ruger No1? Like a bit of an exclusive club. I know of myself and @RIVER MAN and a few others here on AH whom I cant remember. Any others? Oh and Brittany Boddington and Craig.

Welcome to the No 1 300 H&H club Krish!
Thank you. Since I had lot of 300 hh brass I thought I will get this one. I seen you sold a very pretty one few years ago for 800. Do you still have a 300 hh. Did you ever get that Lathe.
Krish

Last edited:
Good job @krish you beat me to the 300.

Kevin,
My son and both killed buffaloes in Zim in 2004 with a No. 1 in .405 using my hand loads with hard cast bullets. I couldn't find any real solids at the time so that's what we used. They worked ok. Never felt handicapped at all with the No. 1. But I'd already been hunting with single shots for years.

Good job Krish! Great looking rifle! If I wasn't going on Safari this year, I would have called Toby. :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!