Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
This is a very nice Ruger No. 1 in 9.3x62. It has less than 100 rounds through it. I can certify that it shoots moa or better with my handloads (I have shot a number of 3 shot groups that were much better than 1" at 100). I have not put factory loads through it so I cannot comment on its performance with such. A few things of note:

1) Includes an NECG N-100 peep sight, value $90
2) Includes Galco Butt Cuff, value $99
3) A Pachmayr decelerator pad has been professionally installed, value $100 (note: the lop was reduced by 1/4" to facilitate scope eye relief. I find it a great improvement but if it is not to your taste be aware).
4) A mercury recoil reducer has been installed as I was setting this rifle up for my wife. Personally I would not use the recoil reducer. I am happy to take it out or leave it in at the preference of the buyer.
5) The factory 1" Ruger rings are still in the box and will ship with the rifle.

This is a very good rifle. As many of you know, my wife claimed my Highland Stalker in 9.3x62 so this rifle has become a safe queen. I'd like to see it go to someone who will use it. I am asking $1,100 shipped to your FFL, which is less than I paid for the rifle before the additions above. PM me if you are interested. Thanks! WAB

9.3_1.jpeg
9.3_2.jpeg
9.3_3.jpeg

Very nice rifle! The No 1s shoot so well.

Thanks! Totally forgot to mention that this rifle has a Jard 2.5# trigger installed. I’m a trigger junky and can’t abide anything but match quality. This trigger cost $120. That’s roughly $400 in improvements over the base rifle. Someone is going to get a great deal.

I've put Jard triggers in a couple of No. 1 rifles. They are very good. Also have a Moyer's trigger, and the Jard is better.

Reactions: WAB
Was the LOP increased or decreased 1/4 inch?

I agree, someone should jump on this.

Reactions: WAB
Was the LOP increased or decreased 1/4 inch?

I agree, someone should jump on this.

Decreased by 1/4”. If you are struggling with eye relief on a No 1, this makes a huge difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois