For Sale Ruger 77 Hawkeye African .223 Repaired Stock

Is it just my eye or is the repair insert broken as well....and is there voids in the repair left unsealed....holes?
The repair is solid, but has cracks and voids left unsealed.

See my latest post. A new stock is $350 plus $70/hour labor to fit. I guess because Ruger only made this model I think 1 year.

I only asked to repair it to HOLD, not to restore it. It has held well, but it ain't pretty.
When I got it back, I was not impressed by the look, or the insert, but it is solid.

I also read nothing but good things about Ruger CS. I also had a lackluster experience with it when I needed repair.

Mk II .22 was firing out of battery. I had fired it many thousands of times in the years I had it. It was a birthday present when I was nine or ten. Apparently I had worn the sear out.

Local gun shop wanted far too much to fix it (they diagnosed the problem) and Ruger wanted me to pay shipping both ways plus the price of a factory sear.

It took me ten minutes to drop in a Volquartson sear giving me a better trigger pull for way less. Sure I wore the sear out, but out of battery firing sounds like one of those things they would prefer not have associated with their brand.

"So Ruger kept the collectable 3-screw and sent him a New Model and called that a good deal? " That's about what happened. I told him about the value of the old three screw but he was happy with the new one and was given the choice of stainless or blue. He took the stainless model. He's not a collector The gun will be used for hunting deer.

Does this have express sights like the Alaskan or like a No 1?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you