For Sale Ruger #1 .300 Weatherby Mag With Leupold 3.5 x 10

Thomas G. Vogt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Ruger #1 in .300 Weatherby, Mag, 26" barrel with Leupold gloss 3.5 x 10 in the factory mounts/rings.
Serial # 133-41xxx. From my research it is a 1997 gun.

I don't have the box and cannot say for sure if it was ever fired but it looks as though it wasn't. Both the metal and wood are unmarked in any way. I'll call it 99.9% since it might have been fired. The bore is like a mirror and I only ran a patch with some G96 on it to provide a little protection in the safe. This is one of the Ruger's that came from the same person and I believe he just liked #1's in the somewhat uncommon calibers.

The Leupold is a gloss 3.5 x 10 with the Duplex reticle and does have ring marks but internally it is perfect. I researched the two big selling sites and both the completed and in progress auction sites for the rifle and the big auction site for the used scope.

I will send the Imgur link for all the close up pictures to any interested parties along with my info and cell.

$1,525.00 + actual USPS Priority Shipping/Ins to your FFL. 3 day non firing inspection period

I accept MO or personal check. I will ship when the funds clear. PLEASE make sure your FFL will accept from a non licensee.
Thanks
IMG_5774.JPG

Last edited:

cagkt3

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
Weight/LOP?

Thomas G. Vogt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Weight/LOP?

Tough to get the exact weight on a bathroom scale with me holding it but the Ruger spec sheet I found on line shows the Standard #1 with a 26" barrel weighs 8-1/4 lbs. I assume that is without the bases/rings. The Leupold scope adds another 12.6 ounces so right around 9.6 lbs. plus the mounts.

I measured the LOP and get 13-5/8" from the center of the trigger to the center of the factory pad.

Thanks for the inquiry.

tarbe

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Perfect platform for a 300 Wby.

26 inch barrel to burn that powder without making the rifle awkwardly long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sagfottlieb

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver