For Sale Rodda Tiger Rifle - Finest Known

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Up for sale is the ultimate safe queen. A minty circa-1925 Rodda of London and Calcutta 1910 Mannlicher Schoenauer in 9.5x57MS. Includes RCBS Forming dies and RCBS FL Die Set.

Don't know what more to say. It's a stuetzen stocked Mannlicher. It has the nicest wood I've ever seen on one. It's immaculate. You will never, never ever, find one this clean and unmolested.

The weapon was a first-choice for safaris, particularly for cats. This one having been retailed by Rodda in Calcutta was certainly intended for tigers. The caliber is ideal for everything from elk and black bear, eland, kudu, waterbuck, leopard, and a host of other animals. Ammo is easy to make and several firms will manufacture ammo for this rifle as well.

Selling to fund a significant restoration of another rifle. For the price of a modern, soulless Africa rifle made in a soviet satellite country you can own one of the most storied safari rifles ever in truly exceptional condition.

$3400 with the dies.

IMG_3851.JPG
IMG_3862.JPG
IMG_3852.JPG
IMG_3853.JPG
IMG_3854.JPG
IMG_3855.JPG
IMG_3856.JPG
IMG_3857.JPG
IMG_3858.JPG
IMG_3859.JPG
IMG_3860.JPG
IMG_3861.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t even need a tiger rifle but after that description I think I’m interested. Very nicely done rookhawk and best of luck with sale.

I had one of those several years ago (got traded with a couple other rifles on a double rifle) that was a joy to shoot and wasn't in the fine shape this rifle is. some one will get a fantastic rifle.

Beautiful rifle. I agree the wood is lovely. Good luck on your sale.
Bruce

Simply beautiful!

The Gentleman's Rifle.....

HWL

A gem what a beaut.....

I shoot with one from time to time. I call it my baby .375! It kicks like a mule because it’s quite light unlike the full stock you have. The famous game warden Harry Kirkman killed some 100 odd cattle killing lions with his 9.5 MS. These guns are well balanced and point like a Purdy! Every serious collector needs to have at least one or two MS rifles. I use brass from Qualicart and load with 270gn woodleigh. It is one of those humble little guns that brings me great pleasure to “have and to hold” ! I hope it finds a good home!

Up for sale is the ultimate safe queen. A minty circa-1925 Rodda of London and Calcutta 1910 Mannlicher Schoenauer in 9.5x57MS. Includes RCBS Forming dies and RCBS FL Die Set.

Don't know what more to say. It's a stuetzen stocked Mannlicher. It has the nicest wood I've ever seen on one. It's immaculate. You will never, never ever, find one this clean and unmolested.

The weapon was a first-choice for safaris, particularly for cats. This one having been retailed by Rodda in Calcutta was certainly intended for tigers. The caliber is ideal for everything from elk and black bear, eland, kudu, waterbuck, leopard, and a host of other animals. Ammo is easy to make and several firms will manufacture ammo for this rifle as well.

Selling to fund a significant restoration of another rifle. For the price of a modern, soulless Africa rifle made in a soviet satellite country you can own one of the most storied safari rifles ever in truly exceptional condition.

$3400 with the dies.

View attachment 384531View attachment 384532View attachment 384533View attachment 384534View attachment 384535View attachment 384536View attachment 384537View attachment 384538View attachment 384539View attachment 384540View attachment 384541View attachment 384542
Dang that thing is sweet

The stutzen Mannlicher Schoenauers are also very light and handy.

The weight of additional wood is minimal and they tend to have shorter barrels.

The stutzen Mannlicher Schoenauers are also very light and handy.

The weight of additional wood is minimal and they tend to have shorter barrels.

Thanks for the praise, everyone. Indeed, there is a reason this rifle as stocked was the go-to design for the major safaris of the 20th century from WDM Bell to Hemmingway. It's the smoothest action ever designed in the most compact package for going through the brush.

Rookhawk,
I picked up the rifle today. WOW! It is in wonderful condition, just as described. Or maybe even better.
Packed very well so no travel damage. I have some brass coming and then I’ll load some cartridges.
If anyone has any pet loads I’d love to hear what they are.
It was a nice smooth transaction and Rookhawk was quick to respond, no worries dealing with him.
thanks,
Ron /horsedoc49

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kurpfalzjäger

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber