For Sale NIB Winchester 458WM Safari Express CF

That too.

In addition to the slow decline in demand for everything that doesn't look like an AR, there are fewer and fewer opportunities that actually require a rifle in .40+ caliber. And judging by the number of pristine used ones in the market, the charm of using a .416, .458 et al as a fun plinker seems to wear off pretty quickly.
When I finally pull the trigger on one of these bad boys, It will mostly be a plinker haha. Well as much as the expensive ammo will allow.

Tacticool.....:Vomit:
Not me brother. Give me walnut and blue over anything resembling tacticool any day. :D Beers:

But then again, there's no arguing personal taste I suppose.

I have both. My AR’s are tools, my hunting guns are treasures.

That too.

In addition to the slow decline in demand for everything that doesn't look like an AR, there are fewer and fewer opportunities that actually require a rifle in .40+ caliber. And judging by the number of pristine used ones in the market, the charm of using a .416, .458 et al as a fun plinker seems to wear off pretty quickly.
May have something to do with my current collection of four 375 H&H rifles vs only one 416 and one 458. Once you get past the good ole 375, the practical uses dwindle quickly. But that doesn't take the fun away from owning a big bore.

May have something to do with my current collection of four 375 H&H rifles vs only one 416 and one 458. Once you get past the good ole 375, the practical uses dwindle quickly. But that doesn't take the fun away from owning a big bore.
To borrow liberally from Mathew Quigley - "never said I didn't own them, just never had much use for one ......":W A Rifle:

To borrow liberally from Mathew Quigley - "never said I didn't own them, just never had much use for one ......":W A Rifle:

One of the truly great movie lines!

I love them all from a sigbraced 7” 5.56 to a wood stocked 458 and everything in between.
Me too except my only 458 is a 458 socom.
10 rounds of 300 gr tsx is pretty fun to light off.
I really want to turn my 338lm into a .416 rigby. But every builder I have contacted does not have the chamber reamers

Hmm interesting . Almost all distributers are out of stock from what I can see. But that is most guns, not just big bores

Guns are available if you want them. All the shops around here have them and the one I was in yesterday was like Toys R Us for guns. Pick whatever you want.

Guns are available if you want them. All the shops around here have them and the one I was in yesterday was like Toys R Us for guns. Pick whatever you want.
Slim pickings in this neck of the woods.

Me too except my only 458 is a 458 socom.
10 rounds of 300 gr tsx is pretty fun to light off.
I really want to turn my 338lm into a .416 rigby. But every builder I have contacted does not have the chamber reamers
Here you go: https://4drentals.com/product/416-rigby/

Your builder of choice can rent the reamer and both gauges from 4D for $42.00.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 8.27.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 8.27.51 AM.png
    457.8 KB · Views: 38

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.