For Sale NIB Winchester 458WM Safari Express CF

SAFARIKIDD

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
TANZANIA..ZIM..BOTSWANA....NAMBIA
New in the Box unfired but 2 piece Scope bases added...This is CLAW/CONTROL FEED (CF)
$1500 plus $40 shipping to lower 48,more for other 2

20210419_171127.jpeg
20210419_171252.jpeg
20210419_171221.jpeg
20210419_171011.jpeg
20210419_171015.jpeg
20210419_171019.jpeg
20210419_171133.jpeg
20210419_171146.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
A 375 is a fine fine time tested classic and as they say dead is dead but I am a BIG BORE guy who prefers the much larger calibers of
.500-.700 ! Just depends on your quarry ...I started with my dads .458 as a younger teen and took everything from Turtles to Nutria and Hogs n Deer with it! I just like big fat heavy bullets and if your ranges are under 150 this is fine..longer ranges the 375 ...Oh yes I have taken 458s to Africa and took my first few Buff wirh one and several one shot kills with Barnes 450 X bullets and some came out the other side! I just love "horsepower" lol (I use
.600s now) I also have a Win 70 .375HH in push feed i may sell...message me if interested..Happy Trails
I am sorely tempted, but the forum here talked me into starting with a 375H&H...Might hold out for a Kimber Caprivi...I am sure this will sell though!

A 375 is a fine fine time tested classic and as they say dead is dead but I am a BIG BORE guy who prefers the much larger calibers of
.500-.700 ! Just depends on your quarry ...I started with my dads .458 as a younger teen and took everything from Turtles to Nutria and Hogs n Deer with it! I just like big fat heavy bullets and if your ranges are under 150 this is fine..longer ranges the 375 ...Oh yes I have taken 458s to Africa and took my first few Buff wirh one and several one shot kills with Barnes 450 X bullets and some came out the other side! I just love "horsepower" lol (I use
.600s now) I also have a Win 70 .375HH in push feed i may sell...message me if interested..Happy Trails
My original plan was to go straight for the big bore 458. Cooler heads prevailed and the ammo (while still expensive) is more affordable for the 375.

@SAFARIKIDD (or anyone else who knows) - do you happen to know if this rifle weighs the same (9.0 lbs) as the current production Mod. 70 Safari Express rifles?

This is a current production
Thank you. I understand the Portugal Model 70's are from 2018 forward, so I knew it was fairly recent manufacture and NIB (just wasn't sure which of those years it was actually manufactured), I just wasn't sure if the weight was the same each year or if they had changed it (or not) between 2018 and now for some reason.

I'll assume since it's the same model and the same manufacture that it's also the same weight for each year.

Thanks again.

Reactions: JHT
wonderful rifle. With the demand so high i imagine many big bores will be getting a premium on the used market.

wonderful rifle. With the demand so high i imagine many big bores will be getting a premium on the used market.
Actually, the market in big bores is moving in the opposite direction - has been for a little while now.

Actually, the market in big bores is moving in the opposite direction - has been for a little while now.
Hmm interesting . Almost all distributers are out of stock from what I can see. But that is most guns, not just big bores

Hmm interesting . Almost all distributers are out of stock from what I can see. But that is most guns, not just big bores
I'm certainly no expert, but they may be out of stock due to reduced manufacturing rather than increased demand. If they've reduced manufacturing to a couple runs a year, it could conceivably be fairly easy for inventory to stay low / sold out.

I'm certainly no expert, but they may be out of stock due to reduced manufacturing rather than increased demand. If they've reduced manufacturing to a couple runs a year, it could conceivably be fairly easy for inventory to stay low / sold out.
I think you have the right of it. CZ rep told me they stopped the Safari because there was not enough interest. Everyone is into tacticool guns now

Everyone is into tacticool guns now
Tacticool.....:Vomit:
Not me brother. Give me walnut and blue over anything resembling tacticool any day. :D Beers:

But then again, there's no arguing personal taste I suppose.

Most likely the case. Every other firearm is in the highest demand. My company is seeing gun manufacturing go in 7th gear .

I think you have the right of it. CZ rep told me they stopped the Safari because there was not enough interest. Everyone is into tacticool guns now
The young kids have been raised by their moms and babysat by video games. It's no wonder the world and guns are going to sh@t. Lol!

The young kids have been raised by their moms and babysat by video games. It's no wonder the world and guns are going to sh@t. Lol!
That too.

In addition to the slow decline in demand for everything that doesn't look like an AR, there are fewer and fewer opportunities that actually require a rifle in .40+ caliber. And judging by the number of pristine used ones in the market, the charm of using a .416, .458 et al as a fun plinker seems to wear off pretty quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg