Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
L3 Insight - Military Grade Thermal Weapon Sight

The Light Weapon Thermal Sight (LWTS) is an extremely versatile thermal imaging solution. This clip-on system mounts in front of your day optics and allows you to view your reticle over the thermal image. In addition, it can be used as a handheld observation tool or mounted by itself as a stand-alone weapon sight. The thermal imaging capability of the LWTS allows for long-wave infrared observation and target identification under adverse conditions including, light rain, smoke, light snow and low light to total darkness. New these are selling for over $15,000. Here is your chance to get one that is nearly new for a great price!
Like new condition. $9500.00 OBO

Thermal-Full.gif
Thermal-Name.gif
Thermal-Top.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a damn good price! Best of luck man. I went a different thermal route, but if this would have been offered then I would have jumped on it.

That's a damn good price! Best of luck man. I went a different thermal route, but if this would have been offered then I would have jumped on it.
Thanks! Yes this one is in a different class than most of what you see. I am not certain what the deal is but many retailers won’t even sell this one to civilians anymore. It is specifically for military and law enforcement.
philip

My past business was making all of the optics for L3/Insight gear likely this one. Top shelf nothing better, developed and used by Devgru and all of the special ops. Insights devices, infrared, night vision and laser designators took out OBL, Somali Pirates and scores of other very bad people.

My past business was making all of the optics for L3/Insight gear likely this one. Top shelf nothing better, developed and used by Devgru and all of the special ops. Insights devices, infrared, night vision and laser designators took out OBL, Somali Pirates and scores of other very bad people.
Wow that’s amazing.

I have trained with these, they really mean total darkness. NV is great for owning the night, but thermal is how you own the darkness. Those are two very different things.

Great offer, Phil.

I have trained with these, they really mean total darkness. NV is great for owning the night, but thermal is how you own the darkness. Those are two very different things.

Great offer, Phil.
Thanks so much.

I also have this listed on another site so if anyone is interested contact me ASAP. I doubt it will make it till next week.
great fun shooting pigs and predators in total darkness!
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vilianagmp

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg