For Sale Mauser Type B Commercial & 318 Accelerated Express (318WR)

fiocchi

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
1. These are located in the UK/Great Britain - I will not engage in export paper exercises. If you would like to purchase one or both of these fine firearms, I can leave with any local firearms dealer to forward to another UK dealer or a chosen export agent at your expense. Payment will be in advance of shipping by bank transfer/wire. I can provide details of a UK registered firearms dealer who will verify these are of genuine/as advertised for reassurances of course, should it be desired.

Ok, small print over, let's start!
First, Exceptionally rare Mauser Type B commercial sporter in 8x57NORM (J bore) Mauserwerke Oberndorf with pear shaped bolt handle. Remarkable condition for age.
Sold as a package with 250 Mauser .318 soft point 196g bullets, 150 RWS T-Mantle 196g .318 bullets, set of RCBS .318 8x57 dies and (will require separate RFD transfer) 80 Norma Alaska 8x57J in 196g.

Rifle is supplied with Nickel of Marburg 4x36 scope in very good condition, which holds perfect zero in their clawmounts when removed and re-fitted. Barrel wears rear iron sights with 1 standing and 2 folding leaves. Front bead banded iron sight with original sight hood

This is a true collectors rifle, also making a stunning hunting rifle of course. Bore is beautifully clean, as is bolt. Numbers all match on this gun.

Stock condition and bluing are both 9.5/10.

Price for this fine gun is £2,495 of our finest British Pounds Sterling.

Second,
Stunning William Evans 318 WR (Westley Richards) / 318 accelerated express. Built in 1924 on a mauser 98 action. William Evans built only a small number of 318WR chambered bolt action rifles (0.330 Diameter bullet), such this is a true rarity and collectors piece, although, it still makes a fine open sight hunting rifle for any game large or small.
Rifle comes with well travelled/used makers canvas case, swing label showing previous owner still attached (Lt. Col. R.A Cordy Simpson) for storage at William Evans in London; case also showing labels from various global travels. Includes original oil bottle still containing some Rangoon Oil. The case also contains notes on cleaning and various servicing labels.
The rifle has a perfect clean bore, bears forwards slanting V rear sight and one flip up leaf. Front sight is small gold bead and a flip up ivory inlay moonsight. The rifle regulates perfectly to the sights using Kynoch 250g Soft Point or Solids. Magazine will take 5 rounds and cycles, feeds and ejects perfectly at any speed. Moonsight regulates to be a perfect hold on target at 50yds, gold bead perfect at 100 with standing leaf, and 300 with folding leaf. Lateral regulation of the iron sights with Kynoch ammunition is perfect, no lateral dispersion.

Bolt travel is smooth and tight, bolt face is clean, and no attempts at 'improving' the rifle have been made. The stock is fine english walnut, has no splits or cracks, and bears a steel buttplate with a horn tip and classic rounded pistol grip. As one would expect, there are surface wear to the bluing present, which is only a testament to it's travels in the case, and heritage.

I can supply or locate, at cost, several hundred rounds of non-corrosive kynoch ammunition if desired - but only to UK consumers. Ammo cannot be shipped/exported out with the UK.

Price for this fine gun is £2,995 of our finest British Pounds Sterling.

8x57 3.jpg
8x57 2.jpg
8x57 1.jpg
wr.jpg
wr8.jpg
wr7.jpg
wr4.jpg
wr3.jpg
wr2.jpg
wr1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1. These are located in the UK/Great Britain - I will not engage in export paper exercises. If you would like to purchase one or both of these fine firearms, I can leave with any local firearms dealer to forward to another UK dealer or a chosen export agent at your expense. Payment will be in advance of shipping by bank transfer/wire. I can provide details of a UK registered firearms dealer who will verify these are of genuine/as advertised for reassurances of course, should it be desired.

Ok, small print over, let's start!
First, Exceptionally rare Mauser Type B commercial sporter in 8x57NORM (J bore) Mauserwerke Oberndorf with pear shaped bolt handle. Remarkable condition for age.
Sold as a package with 250 Mauser .318 soft point 196g bullets, 150 RWS T-Mantle 196g .318 bullets, set of RCBS .318 8x57 dies and (will require separate RFD transfer) 80 Norma Alaska 8x57J in 196g.

Rifle is supplied with Nickel of Marburg 4x36 scope in very good condition, which holds perfect zero in their clawmounts when removed and re-fitted. Barrel wears rear iron sights with 1 standing and 2 folding leaves. Front bead banded iron sight with original sight hood

This is a true collectors rifle, also making a stunning hunting rifle of course. Bore is beautifully clean, as is bolt. Numbers all match on this gun.

Stock condition and bluing are both 9.5/10.

Price for this fine gun is £2,495 of our finest British Pounds Sterling.

Second,
Stunning William Evans 318 WR (Westley Richards) / 318 accelerated express. Built in 1924 on a mauser 98 action. William Evans built only a small number of 318WR chambered bolt action rifles (0.330 Diameter bullet), such this is a true rarity and collectors piece, although, it still makes a fine open sight hunting rifle for any game large or small.
Rifle comes with well travelled/used makers canvas case, swing label showing previous owner still attached (Lt. Col. R.A Cordy Simpson) for storage at William Evans in London; case also showing labels from various global travels. Includes original oil bottle still containing some Rangoon Oil. The case also contains notes on cleaning and various servicing labels.
The rifle has a perfect clean bore, bears forwards slanting V rear sight and one flip up leaf. Front sight is small gold bead and a flip up ivory inlay moonsight. The rifle regulates perfectly to the sights using Kynoch 250g Soft Point or Solids. Magazine will take 5 rounds and cycles, feeds and ejects perfectly at any speed. Moonsight regulates to be a perfect hold on target at 50yds, gold bead perfect at 100 with standing leaf, and 300 with folding leaf. Lateral regulation of the iron sights with Kynoch ammunition is perfect, no lateral dispersion.

Bolt travel is smooth and tight, bolt face is clean, and no attempts at 'improving' the rifle have been made. The stock is fine english walnut, has no splits or cracks, and bears a steel buttplate with a horn tip and classic rounded pistol grip. As one would expect, there are surface wear to the bluing present, which is only a testament to it's travels in the case, and heritage.

I can supply or locate, at cost, several hundred rounds of non-corrosive kynoch ammunition if desired - but only to UK consumers. Ammo cannot be shipped/exported out with the UK.

Price for this fine gun is £2,995 of our finest British Pounds Sterling.

View attachment 463147View attachment 463148View attachment 463149View attachment 463150View attachment 463151View attachment 463152View attachment 463153View attachment 463154View attachment 463155View attachment 463156
Lovely rifles

Nice rifles.

Pardon me, but could you spare a spot of Rangoon? Cordite's been the Dickens on my double...

I love the William Evan's (From Purdey's) rifle. It looks un-messed with and could be conserved without any restoration work to look really, really good. For those of you on this side of the pond, Griffin & Howe could do the import work on this gun easily without irritating the seller or causing him a lot of leg work which he reasonably stated he wants no part in.

Great classic rifles. Particularly like the 318 WR

Price reduction (only one) on Mauser 8x57J and bullets/dies to £2295.

318WR sold.

Type B Mauser still available at reduced price £2,295.

Mauser 8x57NORM still for sale and reduced to clear as reticle has come loose and will require a different scope. Mounts which are a good fit will still be provided and fits 1” and 26mm tubes. Bullets and dies also provided
GBP £1,500

Mauser 8x57NORM still for sale and reduced to clear as reticle has come loose and will require a different scope. Mounts which are a good fit will still be provided and fits 1” and 26mm tubes. Bullets and dies also provided
GBP £1,500
Type B Mauser now GBP £1000 without rings and scope.

Hi is the type B still available ? If so please dm me , im based in UK thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois