For Sale Marlin 1895SBL 45-70

AES

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
OK, here's the deal. This is going to be a half-arse sale thread much like I made a half-arse attempt at making this rifle perform for me.

This is the item offered: https://www.marlinfirearms.com/lever-action/model-1895-big-bore/model-1895sbl

I am not a gunsmith but this rifle has never shot big bore custom rounds well for me (Buffalo Bore etc). In fact, it straight pisses me off. Now, don't get me wrong, I have killed a bear with it - it is as or more accurate than expected but leaves something to be desired when cycling rounds over 300 GR. There are approximately 75 rounds through the gun. I can no longer troubleshoot this and I don't have the time, patience or willingness to deal with it - I am deep in work right now and just too tired with a big trip coming up next month. I will say that the rifle is 95% (or more) and that I will stand behind anything that I represent with any of you in direct messages or necessary phone calls (to the extent that I will offer up more annoyance and take it back if i am in any way deemed to not be forthright). Rack it hard it works, try to work the lever gently in a tree stand and it jams (have to push round back, then in with a knife before shooting). It's completely silly and I am sure an easy fix for one of you.

SO, with all of that out of the way, this rifle is super cool and I will be buying a new one but am simply not inclined to deal with what it will take to get this thing cycling like butter. Likely a person with patience or time will suffice to create a resolution since it is virtually new. As such, $650, no BS and I will deal with driving it to the LGS and having them ship to your FFL at your transfer cost).

There is currently a Trijicon Green dot on it that I would be open to selling for half off of msrp if you want it (I want magnification on the next one).

Cheers,

Andrew

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 9.29.53 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 9.29.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 9.29.56 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 508
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 9.29.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 9.29.58 PM.png
    898.3 KB · Views: 499
Last edited by a moderator:
Which trijicon is it? I have been kicking around the idea of getting one

if @thriller isnt interested in the trijicon, I may be interested depending on model and price.

thanks!

yep... thats the trijicon MRO (micro rifle optic).. its a prism sight that competes with the aimpoint micros

great sight for AR's and other Picatinny railed rifles (like your 45-70)...

I was hopeful you were selling an RMR. trijicons low profile reflex sight.. ive been thinking about one of those or a leupold reflex for one of my DG rifles..

Thanks!

Reactions: AES
Rifle sold, pending funds with a back-up in place.

Optic remains available.

Could you please post a picture of the Trijicon?

Damn, great grab for whoever ended up getting this gun! A 1895 SBL for $650 is a steal. If I had seen this sooner I'd have jumped on it the moment I saw it :)

Damn, great grab for whoever ended up getting this gun! A 1895 SBL for $650 is a steal. If I had seen this sooner I'd have jumped on it the moment I saw it :)
Jump on the 458 I have for sale. Will make a killer platform for a rebuild or shoot as is (which is basically unfired). I may be one of the weird ones that think just about nothing is worth more than 2/3 of what someone pays for it when you don't have a warranty

Jump on the 458 I have for sale. Will make a killer platform for a rebuild or shoot as is (which is basically unfired). I may be one of the weird ones that think just about nothing is worth more than 2/3 of what someone pays for it when you don't have a warranty

That's a beautiful rifle. If I didn't already have a .458 Lott I would probably consider it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindia012

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg