Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Very good condition.
JM stamp on barrel. (Older model)
18.5" non ported barrel.
Feeds and ejects perfectly.
Fired very little. Has a few handling marks on the stock. Recoil pad has been replaced with a Limsaver pad.
Sights are AO ghost ring. $100 value. (Original sights included as well).
Has an upgraded (bear proof) ejector installed. Includes original ejector as well.
The only thing I would change is, the factory recoil pads fit better than the Limbsaver that's on it now. I believe they can be found fairly easily. Otherwise this is a very nice rifle. The JM guns are much more desirable than the newer Remington made Marlins.

$800.00 plus shipping. No California sales. Shipping extra to AK.

20200205_190341.jpg
20200205_190408.jpg
20200205_190346.jpg
20200205_190349.jpg
20200205_190413.jpg
20200205_190424.jpg
20200205_190429.jpg
20200205_190459.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool Marlin!

Another beauty!

This guy has a never ending collection of awesome gats! And what is this his third pre-Remlin stainless guide gun? And always when my toy budget’s depleted...:E Grouch:

Great looking Marlin! I would keep the Limbsaver on it though because I’ve shot one with the factory pad!

This guy has a never ending collection of awesome gats! And what is this his third pre-Remlin stainless guide gun? And always when my toy budget’s depleted...:E Grouch:
This is the same rifle I posted before. Just never ended up selling it. I always talk myself out of it. Lol!

toby,

you should put this up on the marlin lever gun site, just thought

This

Thread

Is

Killing

Me

Just

Buy

It

And the pain will be over my friend! It would look good on you!

Dont you guys know I'm trying to buy a house right now???????

(interested in any trades?)

:D

My son has that exact rifle, bought here a few months ago, except it's a Remlin. Still a nice shooter.

Off of sticks, or free-hand, these things are pussy cats, even with 405 gr or heavier bullets at 1600-1700 fps. Off the bench, well, they're attention-getters. Still nothing like 458 WM, but will definitely let you know you're shooting a heavy hitter.

If you're a big guy like I am, I'd recommend replacing the standard loop with a big loop from Ranger Point Precision.

Don't let anybody fool you into thinking it's a sloppy, inaccurate lever gun. I can ring an 8" gong from 200, with the exact same sights that are on this rifle, with my 1895 GBL. Can also routinely get 3 out of 5 touching from 50 yards. Not too shabby.

My son has that exact rifle, bought here a few months ago, except it's a Remlin. Still a nice shooter.

Off of sticks, or free-hand, these things are pussy cats, even with 405 gr or heavier bullets at 1600-1700 fps. Off the bench, well, they're attention-getters. Still nothing like 458 WM, but will definitely let you know you're shooting a heavy hitter.

If you're a big guy like I am, I'd recommend replacing the standard loop with a big loop from Ranger Point Precision.

Don't let anybody fool you into thinking it's a sloppy, inaccurate lever gun. I can ring an 8" gong from 200, with the exact same sights that are on this rifle, with my 1895 GBL. Can also routinely get 3 out of 5 touching from 50 yards. Not too shabby.
My hunting buddy has a blued one with a 18.5” barrel. The felt recoil to me is more than my .338. My Mosin Nagant M44 carbine has even worse felt recoil. But, I still enjoy shooting the .45-70 and Toby’s is SS and fairly priced. Someone buy it now!

Dont you guys know I'm trying to buy a house right now???????

(interested in any trades?)

:D

You’ll still need a home protection firearm. Buy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
My hunting buddy has a blued one with a 18.5” barrel. The felt recoil to me is more than my .338. My Mosin Nagant M44 carbine has even worse felt recoil. But, I still enjoy shooting the .45-70 and Toby’s is SS and fairly priced. Someone buy it now!

I'd say shooting the heavies I shoot (405 for practice, 425 and 525 gr for hunting), felt recoil out of my GBL is no worse than my 9.3x62.

Last Summer, I loaded a box of 50 for my son. We were shooting off sticks at 100 yards. He blew through all 50 and was disappointed I didn't bring more.

IMO, there is little point in shooting anything lighter than 405 gr out of these things. I used to shoot FTX 325 gr at just under 2100 fps. I tried some 405 gr lead and have never looked back. But, if a guy isn't a reloader, the ammo gets a little pricy if one wants to shoot 405+ bullets - Buffalo Bore and Garret run about $3 each. With 10 firings per case, I'm under 50 cents with the 405s, and not quite 75 cents with my hunting bullets. The only rifle ammo I can shoot cheaper than my 45-70 practice ammo is 5.56x45.

first, i have a similar rifle, a custom 45-70 xlr cut to 20" stainless, it is an accurate hard hitting rifle, if you want to be indestructible in the brush with a bear, it would be a hard gun to top.

second, sgt sim, i like the 400's but killed more brown bears with 350 gr bonded bullets, at 2150 fps. the i shot em, it was definitive on how they went down.

toby, wished i needed one...good luck on your sale!

thank-god.jpg

:D:D:D

Attachments

• thank-god.jpg
    thank-god.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 222

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiloHardem

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross