For Sale Marlin 1895GS 45/70 JM

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Here is a very nice Marlin 1895 GS 45/70 carbine. This is a North Haven CT. produced rifle. Shot very little, and in very good condition. There are a few marks on the wood that is shown in the pictures. There has been a Limbsaver recoil pad installed. The original pad is not included. It currently has a set of AO peep sights installed with a blank in the sight slot. However the original sights and front sight hood are included. Overall this rifle is in very good condition. No rust or pitting anywhere, and the bore is bright and shiny. The action also works very smoothly. In my opinion the only real flaw in this rifle is the Limbsaver recoil pad. It doesn't fit as well as the factory pad, but it definitely helps with recoil. See pics. Don't miss your chance on a hard to find rifle!
This rifle is listed on Gunbroker, and there are many more pictures there.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/797152439

$1200 plus shipping.
20190119_144418.jpg

I have one gorgeous. Exactly the same. Great bear gun. Worth every penny. JM too. Can't say enough about it. Fair price.

I love the JM Marlins. I have a 1968 build in .35 Remington and a 1987 build in .444 Marlin. Great guns.

Seems like you have an endless closet of goodies.
It's kind of embarrassing showing everyone how bad my addiction is. Haha!
I kind of hate to sell some of these guns, but truth is, I just don't use alot of them. I bought this rifle a few years ago, and have only shot it 4 times, and never hunted with it. I'm coming to the point now that hunts and travelling is more important than stockpiling goodies. I'm sure if I ever go brown bear hunting again, I'll wish I had kept this one!

Haha. Are you kidding. And you think you're alone. You're just smart enough to get rid of them so you can enjoy another hunt or two or three or four.

Here is a very nice Marlin 1895 GS 45/70 carbine. This is a North Haven CT. produced rifle. Shot very little, and in very good condition. There are a few marks on the wood that is shown in the pictures. There has been a Limbsaver recoil pad installed. The original pad is not included. It currently has a set of AO peep sights installed with a blank in the sight slot. However the original sights and front sight hood are included. Overall this rifle is in very good condition. No rust or pitting anywhere, and the bore is bright and shiny. The action also works very smoothly. In my opinion the only real flaw in this rifle is the Limbsaver recoil pad. It doesn't fit as well as the factory pad, but it definitely helps with recoil. See pics. Don't miss your chance on a hard to find rifle!
This rifle is listed on Gunbroker, and there are many more pictures there.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/797152439

$1200 plus shipping.View attachment 264166

Got one just like it!

These things have really gone up in value over the last few years. Would make a great bear gun. But I've got Africa on the brain for now!

You should see what it does to Whitetail deer! Heck of a brush gun!

The more I keep hearing all these positive comments, the less I want to sell this one! Probably never find another JM 1895gs in this good of shape.

Left to right
.308 178 gr ELD-X
.366 286 gr SPRP
.458 325 gr FTX
.459 405 gr Missouri Bullet Company Buffalo #1
.459 425 gr Beartooth Bullets Piledriver, Junior
and last but definitely not least, the Tyrannosaurus Rex slayer:
.459 525 gr Beartooth Bullets Piledriver

I've got all of the lead loads going out at about 1625 fps, give or take a little.
bullet_comparison.jpg

@TOBY458 - have I made you change your mind? :sneaky:

@TOBY458 - have I made you change your mind? :sneaky:
I'm luke warm on selling this one for sure! I'm trying to raise money for a safari I'm going on this year, and I haven't shot this rifle more than 10 times since I bought it at least 2 years ago. So I'm trying to talk myself into selling a few guns that I don't use. I have two 375s and two 416s, so I have plenty of horsepower on hand. The best thing to me about these Marlin Guide Guns is the light weight and portability. I will probably end up keeping it, if I don't get close to what I'm asking for it. The JM guns have gone through the roof price wise!

Definitely interested

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg