For Sale M70 XTR Featherweight 7x57

jwood1284

AH member
Reaction score
Media
For sale is a great condition M70 XTR Featherweight (1981-82) in 7x57. This rifle is all original, no bedding or trigger work. Includes Conetrol base/rings (1" low). Excellent bluing with no defects, great wood with no scratches/gouges, a few marks on the trigger guard as shown. I have it shooting 140gr ttsx at 1" with H4350, but have not got around to tightening it up. Definitely has potential, and I'll pass along my load info.

$950 shipped to FFL.

5hQHamM.jpeg
8TQB2rh.jpeg
baUUJmc.jpeg
dIC8W5f.jpeg
g9VueHE.jpeg
GGK90j0.jpeg
HW1fVYY.jpeg
mBo922C.jpeg
SJDRSK1.jpeg
vcANkYK.jpeg
XobkwEi.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
This exact rifle was my first big game rifle. Outstanding.

Firebird

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
I bought my daughter this same model in 7mm-08 for Christmas or I would buy this one! Hers has a smaller (featherweight) frame that fits her really well and similar to your experience hers is shooting 120 ttsx faster and more accurate than expected! A pleasantly surprisingly nice looking/performing rifle-hope someone picks yours up, glad I bought one earlier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlesGrilm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?