For Sale Leupold 30mm VX-R 1.25-4×20 Illuminated Rifle Scope

SAFARIKIDD

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
TANZANIA..ZIM..BOTSWANA....NAMBIA
Mint with caps..No ring marks..Not Original Box..GREAT Dangerous Game Scope wirh lots of eye relief and huge field of view..
$425 shpd
20200918_073130.jpeg
Screenshot_20200917-230344_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20200917-230444_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20200918-073813_Chrome.jpeg

Are you in a trade for a brand new Zeiss conquest 4 with illumination? Never mounted

I will take it. Please let me know where to send funds.

SafariKidd just told me elkhunter gets it - I see no elkhunter in the thread, so am pretty confused as to what is going on.

My understanding of "etiquette" here is you announce publicly via the "For Sale" thread that you will take the item, then arrange payment details via chat.

That has been my observation in my short time here...

SafariKidd just told me elkhunter gets it - I see no elkhunter in the thread, so am pretty confused as to what is going on.

My understanding of "etiquette" here is you announce publicly via the "For Sale" thread that you will take the item, then arrange payment details via chat.
Apparently he contacted me directly as the timeline shows he was earlier..I believe 110% in being fair....please see the 2 snapshot's attached (1 is my emails in order I received them with timestamps and the other is his actual email with timestamp)... Elkhunter contacted me through this website Africahunting at 4:38 vs USMA84 at 5:03.....
As I said before if he falters I will be glad to send to you sir....Tom
Screenshot_20200918-173644_Email.jpeg
Screenshot_20200918-182739_Email.jpeg

One announces publicly they will take it, then arranges payment.

CO ElkHunter never posted on the thread. I have often times seen "First I'll Take it" gets it when people post things.

When people don't observe this method, then no one knows it is spoken for. This leads people on unfairly.

I disagree with your actions.

One announces publicly they will take it, then arranges payment.

CO ElkHunter never posted on the thread. I have often times seen "First I'll Take it" gets it when people post things.

When people don't observe this method, then no one knows it is spoken for. This leads people on unfairly.

I disagree with your actions.
Please see snapshot..i just contacted the AH Staff for proper decision...this is what I wrote them ...
Screenshot_20200918-185244.jpeg

I see that there is a dispute but I'm going to make it very simple, it is the owner's property and he gets to decide who he wants to sell it to for whatever reason, be it time of response, price, method of payment, proximity or a variety of other factors. Once again it is the owner's property and he gets to decide, AfricaHunting.com has nothing to with the transaction other than being posted on the site. It's like if you posted a flyer in a public place and several people contacted you, it's your discretion who you decide to sell it to.

By the way it is perfectly fine to use the PM system to contact the seller to close a deal.

It is a scope. There will be others. It is not worth causing ill will with the good lads on this board. Send it to COElkHunter.

I watched how things were done here before I posted things for sale. I learned that the process was to declare you will take it publicly on the sale thread first, then arrange payment. CO ElkHunter never did so, which falsely led me to believe it was still available. In addition, SafariKidd left the thread open and didn't change it to reflect that he had taken a private offer. I do not feel these are the correct ways to do things.

Just my opinion and how I will sell things here. If no one says anything, then SafariKidd would know no better and have this happen again.

Hope all have a great weekend!

I just want to clarify what happened with this scope sale, which apparently has become an issue. I sent Safarikidd a PM when he was still conversing with the OP about a possible scope trade. I told him if he hadn’t traded/sold it , “I would take it”. I didn’t post “I will take it” to the thread, because I thought he would have traded/sold it to the OP. That has happened to me before. I wasn’t trying to be sneaky, just proactive as a potential buyer. The only other items I have ever bought here on the classifieds were some bullets. I sent the seller a PM to ask him if he still had the bullets and told him I would buy them if he did. I see quite a few classified threads here, where there are conversations about the item for sale but no offers to buy the item. Then days/weeks later the seller posts “SPF” with no mention of who bought the item or when the item was actually sold. Maybe I’m missing something here? If I was not observing some etiquette in this case, I will gladly defer this sale to the next buyer in line. I called Safarikidd (Tom) after I saw this drama here and told him my reputation on this site wasn’t worth the buying of this scope. Tom told me he received my PM while conversing with the OP on the potential scope trade. So, I’m open to any criticism here about what I did wrong?
Thanks!
CoElkHunter

@CoElkHunter, You did nothing wrong! It's perfectly fine to use the PM system to contact a seller and conduct a sale privately. We have a lot of members who never post nor participate publicly but use the PM system for all manner of business, which is totally fine.

It's up to the seller to decide who he wants to sell to. No rules were broken and nobody is doing anything wrong.

I just want to clarify what happened with this scope sale, which apparently has become an issue. I sent Safarikidd a PM when he was still conversing with the OP about a possible scope trade. I told him if he hadn’t traded/sold it , “I would take it”. I didn’t post “I will take it” to the thread, because I thought he would have traded/sold it to the OP. That has happened to me before. I wasn’t trying to be sneaky, just proactive as a potential buyer. The only other items I have ever bought here on the classifieds were some bullets. I sent the seller a PM to ask him if he still had the bullets and told him I would buy them if he did. I see quite a few classified threads here, where there are conversations about the item for sale but no offers to buy the item. Then days/weeks later the seller posts “SPF” with no mention of who bought the item or when the item was actually sold. Maybe I’m missing something here? If I was not observing some etiquette in this case, I will gladly defer this sale to the next buyer in line. I called Safarikidd (Tom) after I saw this drama here and told him my reputation on this site wasn’t worth the buying of this scope. Tom told me he received my PM while conversing with the OP on the potential scope trade. So, I’m open to any criticism here about what I did wrong?
Thanks!
CoElkHunter
I feel like you should send that scope to me until further review. I will give it a nice home, and will take it on frequent walks. Once this issue is resolved.....(courts are backed up due to Covid), I will return it to it's rightful owner. However in this case the 90 day rule could come into affect, so the scope would therefore be forfeited to it's then current owner. (Me).

Sincerely
Judge Toby458.
:S I Rule:

I feel like you should send that scope to me until further review. I will give it a nice home, and will take it on frequent walks. Once this issue is resolved.....(courts are backed up due to Covid), I will return it to it's rightful owner. However in this case the 90 day rule could come into affect, so the scope would therefore be forfeited to it's then current owner. (Me).

Sincerely
Judge Toby458.
:S I Rule:
Ha! Ha! Well this will be my first scope that is this short and low powered, but I guess for my CZ Lott this is what one would use on a DG rifle. Haven’t hunted DG yet, so it’s new to me. I’m used to a 44mm objective lens on my .338WM, so I hope the FOV is adequate for 50-75 meters. But, I have to try something cause that front sight seems to be getting smaller everytime I go to the range. If I don’t like it, you may get it sooner than you think! You’ll just have to buy another rifle to put it on!
Ha! Ha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg