AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
450 Dakota-2.jpg
450 Dakota-3.jpg
450 Dakota-4.jpg
450 Dakota-5.jpg
450 Dakota.jpg
I bought this about 6 months ago and with the other projects I have going on it has unfortunately just sat in the safe. Going to reluctantly let it go to free up funds to finance other projects

Dakota 76 Left Hand African Chambered in 450 Dakota
Barrel measures 23.5" from the action face
Length of pull is 14.5" over extended spacers and pad.
Weight on my postal scale unloaded is 10lb 6oz.
It has express sights and drop box magazine and functions flawlessly.
Only defect of any kind that I can find is a small scratch in the finish on the middle of the floorplate shown in pictures.
I am the second owner and the first owner said he put 37 rounds through the rifle...I have not fired it. For a lefty there aren't many ways to a magnum length action without going full blown custom route.

Rifle comes with both 1" and 30mm" Talley Quick release rings to fit the Talley bases.
I also have a set of Redding 450 Dakota dies, 125 pieces of new unfired Dakota brass, and 40 rounds of custom loaded ammo with 500gr Barnes TSX @2400fps from Hendershot's Custom Ammo. I also have a Galco leather slip on pad that I will include that extends the LOP to 15" if needed.

Located in Houston, Texas and will be happy to meet most anywhere in Texas or ship to your FFL in Lower 48. Rifle will ship in a Pelican case. Price is $5500 shipped to your FFL

Last edited:
Will also consider partial trade for a Left Hand Winchester 70 New Haven Safari Express in 375 H&H.

Hey @Royal27 here is your chance for a 450 Dakota. Just be sure to ask me which bullet to stay away from! :eek:

Being a lefty with the coveted left hand 375 safari express, I wish I was better healed! I'd buy this rare bird...

Lovely rifle but too fancy for me !

Yup, very nice, but a little out of my budget range, too.

My heavy lefty is likely to be MRC African in 404J or 458 Lott.

Also will consider trades for LH Classic New Haven M70s in 06 or mag length, or LH Dakota 76’s

Sometimes, the best thing that can happen is....nothing!

Here's hoping you look back on this unfulfilled sale with great fondness!

If you feel like departing with it in the future please pm me. I’m a lefty and looking for a quality 450 Dakota or Rigby also looking for a 375 H&H if you need to move one. Just unable to at the moment.

Well they say life is what happens while you are busy making plans...found out the wife is pregnant and Africa won’t be in the cards for a year or two so this is going back up for sale.

Congratulations on the pending young critter!

I saw you beautiful 4509 Dakota 76 rifle. Not in the market for a 450 but if you have an excellent .375 Cal for sale with a wood stock of Grade 5 or better I would be interested. We may be neighbors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg